Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Fort William Mens DH [spoiler]
  • Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Good man.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Nice one g man!!

slowrider
    Free Member

nice spoiler lol

radoggair
    Free Member

talk about speeding on the motorway.

sik

trail_rat
    Free Member

were you waiting for the highlights on the news at 10 slowrider ?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Pity that Ben Cathro had his mechanical otherwise he would have been right up there.

Crag
    Free Member

Cedric still stole the show

Andituk
    Free Member

All the work Gees put it over the winter is obviously paying off, I thought he was unlucky in Maribor, and totally deserved todays win, he was unbelievably quick on the pedals.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Awesome work Gee. Awesome work Cam Cole in second too!!

slowrider
    Free Member

lol nah, i was watching too. great for gee to win fair and square, none of the top guys had any problems in their run so he can be well pleased.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

What happened to Peat tho 🙁

jam-bo

shame the result of a WC DH race comes down to who can pedal the fastest along a fireroad….

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I liked Cam Cole's reaction to seeing how close he was to 1st after he had been pulling whips on the way down. "****!!!"

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

What because the rest of the course doesnt exsist Jambo?

Edric64
    Free Member

It proves he has aerobic fitness as well as the skill and the balls for the gnarly stuff though

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nice spoiler for those planning to watch it on eurosport at 8. Why put the result in the thread title.

jam-bo

What because the rest of the course doesnt exsist Jambo?

no, but the top 5 were hitting the last jump before the motorway within tenths of second of each other.

I think the motorway section lets down what is an awesome course.

and yes I have ridden it…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Why visit a MTB forum if you are trying to avoid finding out the result of the biggest UK race of the year?

Edric64
    Free Member

So like I said it proves Gee is fittest then

hilldodger
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh, ooh – I don't want to know the results until later – Aaah I know, I'll just log onto a mtb forum, no-one will be talking about it there will they 🙄 😆 🙄

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Fittest person wins bike race shocker.

Edric64
    Free Member
    nickc

Their riding 'pedal' bikes, y'know with pedals…No shame in that

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Changed title for those who are avoiding seeing the result by visiting a mountain biking website 🙂

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Maybe you'll prefer watching the new Freeride contests Jambo?

Personally, I love the fact that the courses throughout the series vary and that Fort Billy commands a heap of skill as well as a heap of fitness.

I dont find it disappoinnting in the slightest that a proper athlete wins.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah jambo, lance armstrong would have been equally quick on that top section

andytherocketeer

Was it me? or was that a podium FAIL!?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Sorry, re-reading that, what I do find 'disappointing' is my spelling!

slowrider
    Free Member

gee looked fast up top i thought, beaumonts line through the rocks was ace, same with gwinn. great race IMO.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice for Gee, and it should keep the overall rankings interesting – especially if Hill comes back OK for the next few races.

What's going on with poor Peaty though eh?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

loved watchin these two:
    cedric over the jump

cam cole over the jump

chakaping
    Free Member

Hannah looked tremendous at the top bit, he always seems to take a different line to the rest of them. Love watching him.

jam-bo

just saying the motorway is a disappointing end section to what is otherwise a very, very good course. I've always thought that. I know its necessary to get to the arena/lift station and there is not much else they can do with a pretty flat bit of terrain in between the woods and the tissot.

The new bits in the top section look good. quite fancy a road trip up there again soon.

warton
    Free Member

love Cedric! such a great rider on any sort of bike

Northwind

Have to agree with that, though I think it's daft to say that the motorway decides it, the whole course decides it- often riders are slower down the motorway because they've been putting much more into the higher sections, so the fastest riders at the bottom aren't neccesarily fitter, sometimes they're just riding a smarter race.

Gracia is the man though :mrgreen:

brakes
    Free Member

if you look at the interval splits, it shows that Gee was 3rd and 2nd at Int1 and Int2 and then killed it on the last section – you can only do that if you're carrying good speed from the first two.
    Cole and Minaar who came 2nd and 3rd had mediocre top sections (12th and 11th) but made up time in the mid-section.
    Gee has always been one of the best technical riders, and has now shown he is one of the fittest. Top man.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Gutted for Cathro, looked like he was killing it until the bike died on him!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Fort William Mens DH [spoiler]’ is closed to new replies.