Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Geax Saguaro 29
  • devs
    Free Member

Opinions please. Any one use them? I’m tempted but I wonder if they are any good on roots. Given that 90pc of my riding is in wet Scottish forests I wonder how they will hold up? Any one got experience? Would be running them tubeless.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Brilliant rear tyre but wouldnt use one on the front as the side lugs are a bit low for my liking. A point to note is that they have a very tight bead in 29er form and if you are using Stans rims you may struggle to get them on and off – i ditched mine for that reason

drofluf
    Free Member

I’m running one on the front, maybe I’m not pushing it hard enough but it gives me enough grip. Haven’t tried it in really slippy conditions yet though.

And they are very tight, had to send one back because there was no way it was going to fit, hence a different tyre on the back.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Do you know anywhere with them in stock?

devs
    Free Member

Yeah looking at a Stan’s Flow combo. What did you go for instead?

devs
    Free Member

In stock at Winstanleys.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Great summer tyre, for dry dusty trails, not so great in owt moist or claggy; they clog up too easily and then just become slicks.

devs
    Free Member

We don’t do claggy really. I can cope with that. All tyres are great on dry dusty trails I reckon! It’s when it gets rooty and rocky that I worry. If they are predictable that’s fine but tyres like conti verts which were fine most of the time and then just went with no warning or recovery scare me!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

What did you go for instead?

Nobby Nic, I love em. Racing Ralphs if you are prepared to sacrifice grip for speed.

devs
    Free Member

Thanks Steve-Austin! I take it you are the reason they are now out of stock! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Geax Saguaro 29’ is closed to new replies.