Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Geax Loco Lobo 2.3 Any good for Alpine duties??
  • singletrackmind

HI
    I am off for my first foray into lift assisted riding to Les Gets in a few weeks .
    Need some burlier rubber than my usual choice of lightweight xc rubber .
    On One are selling these Geax Loco UST tyres at £13 ea. OK so they weigh in at 1100gms ,and are advertised as a Freeride tyre.
    I wont be doing any hucking , jumps , drops or gnarldude riding. Just want to do general xc stuff on nothing more technical than W2.

Anyone used them ? Any opinions ?

Prob mount them tubeless on Crossmax enduros with alot of sealant.

mboy
    Free Member

If you google more info on them, I’m pretty sure On One have listed the weight wrong. Almost 1200g seems to be about right for the 2.5″ DH cased version, but for the 2.3″ UST tyre the internet seems to come up with weights closer to 800g for it.

I want to try one on the rear of my full sus bike, looks a good tread pattern, and the old reviews I can find of them seem pretty favourable.

mboy
    Free Member
    Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

One of my mates was rididing the 2.5″ of these both front and back for the Megavalanche, on a 2012 Patriot.
    General comments were:
    1. They are quite a hard compound. So much so that they looked like new after a week’s riding/racing.
    2. They have an almost scary lack of traction on wet slippy surfaces (inc tarmac) – but this shouldn’t be a big concern I guess.
    3. Seamed good on dirt and dry rock.

Oh, and he was quicker than I was!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Geax Loco Lobo 2.3 Any good for Alpine duties??’ is closed to new replies.