Geax Datura – sizing

Home Forum Bike Forum Geax Datura – sizing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Geax Datura – sizing
  • Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

thinking about these for mud duties this winter – have seen the 2.2″ at On one.

Any ideas on how big they really are? i.e. compared to On-One Smorgasbord?

thanks
    dawson 🙂

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

bumpity-bump

conkers

can’t compare to a smorg but they do come up on the generous side almost as big as a wtb 2.3
    Fast rolling and when scrubbed in not too bad on roots for a spike style tyre.

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

ok, thanks

dantsw13

I have a 2.2 Datura – slightly smaller than a Smorgasbord, but more “normal tyre” size than a skinny mud x/medusa.

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

Have a pair in the garage waiting for proper mud; they are indeed a full-on tyre and you wouldn’t want them for much else! I’d put one on a Flow and measure/photo but they’re UST and have TNT Saguaro on the 26″ bike at the moment. They’re not skinny!

An absolute steal when I bought them a year or so for something like £17 an end.

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

cheers, currently have a 2.1″ Advantage fitted, and that’s pretty snug, so its sounding like these are going to be too big for what I want (rear – old Kona hardtail)

Premier Icon letmetalktomark
    Subscriber

@dawson … Slightly OT but I run a 1.8 Splashback in the back of my old Kona.

Comes up more like a 1.95 though. Sheds mud nicely, light and bonus points for them having a skinwall!

£12.99 off of eBay too.

As I say slightly OT but worthy of a consideration IMHO

dantsw13

Dawson, If its that tight, Ill pop into the workshop and measure it for you.

dantsw13

Right, the GEAX Datura is almost identical in width and Volume to the Smorgasbord.

Datura – Tread width 57mm(2.24in) and 52mm from the rim to max height of the tyre.

Smorgasbord – Tread width 58mm(2.28in) and also 52mm from rim to max tread height.

Hope that helps. The Datura is only £12.99 at the moment from O-O, so if its close, its worth a go IMHO.

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

@dantsw13 – much appreciated! Going beyond the call of duty there!

@lmttm – thanks, will bear that in mind.

cheers.

I think I’m going to plump for a Gato on the back to match the one up front, it’s a serious bit of tyre, and is more adaptable to mixed crappy conditions than the Datura – It’ll still be a vast improvement on running a racing ralph all through like last winter!!

dantsw13

Whathaveisaidnow – do you rate the Gato in deep mud as a winter front? It gets REALLY muddy down here in Sussex.

I ended up with a Datura as a front in the Alps last year, and even in the dry it was very impressive!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Geax Datura – sizing’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top