I can't seem to get my rear mech to shift properly. If I click up through all the gears (2x9) then a couple of clicks don't do anything, so I can't get into the biggest two sprockets.
This all started (I think) after the rear mech decided to try to eat a stick.
- XT 9 speed shadow rear mech (new, replaced the old one after the incident with the stick)
- SLX 9 speed shifter.
- Replaced cables and inners.
- Taken the bike to the LBS to straighten the (steel) frame with their frame gauge thingummy. Made no difference.
- Tried twiddling the barrel adjuster. I can use this to choose any 7 consecutive gears I want....
- I can select all the gears if I push the shifter by hand - it's not the limit screws.
- New chain and cassette (the old ones were toast anyway)
The inner cable is attached onto the little groove on the rear mech, I assume that's the right place.
Is it possible to actually bend the entire frame out of shape? What else am I missing?
It's a 26" frame; I don't get this problem at all on my single speed 29er