• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cokie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Geared & Singlespeed Frame?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m looking for a frame to run geared and singlespeed, must be a 29er and preferably not with an EBB.

Currently I’m leaning towards the Pivot LES but is there anything else to consider?

The bike’s going to be used for XC riding/racing and general Surrey Hills type stuff.

ratherbeintobago

In the STW tradition of recommending what you’ve got, El Mar?

I think the new SC Highball is swappable as well, and like the Pivot and the Salsa uses swinging dropouts.

everyone
    Free Member

Do the niner steel bikes have ebbs?

nedrapier

Never heard a peep out of the phil woods EBB I’ve got. Or the wife’s.

Don’t know if that helps?

scotroutes

El Mariachi is the obvious choice?

RobHilton
    Free Member

On One Lurcher?

I don’t have one – I have a Whippet 🙂

takisawa2

As a Niner owner…the El-Mar. 🙂

Clink

Voodoo Bizango – cheap and effective! (I have 2 for sale…)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

As a Niner owner…the El-Mar.

Funny that, as another Niner owner, I preferred my old El-Mar!

I’m looking for something carbon this time I think. I thought about the Ti El-Mar but I didn’t much fancy spending that amount on a frame but having no distributor back up in case of any problems.

robbie
    Free Member

Just had this debate with myself for the last month, Ended up going for a second hand on one scandal 29er, lightweight aluminium with swappable drop outs. Did look at the lurcher but couldn’t bring myself to get one as I hate the look of the frame.

ratherbeintobago

El Mariachi is the obvious choice?

I have one (as I’ve said before). The only downside at the mo is the lack of a UK distributor (as notmyrealname has said) since Ison and Salsa parted company however Salsa will deal directly with LBSs (including CTBM) and they’re apparently sorting out a replacement distributor.

avdave2

If your not keen on the El Mariachi due to back up I reckon you might get a Enigma Ego with paragon dropouts for a similar price.

ratherbeintobago

If your not keen on the El Mariachi due to back up I reckon you might get a Enigma Ego with paragon dropouts for a similar price.

£450?

avdave2

The Ti one was mentioned which is closer to 2K

cokie

Kona Unit
    Santa Crus Highball

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Geared & Singlespeed Frame?’ is closed to new replies.