Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gear help
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Not used my bike for three weeks due to injury. But come down to find the rear derailiuer cable very slack on the downtube. And the bolt where it connects to the rear derailiuer on the floor. Now when I pull the cable at the derailiuer end I end up with about 3 inch of excess cable. Any ideas how to sort it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Check cable routed properly.

Shifter and mech in small cog setting.

Pull it through at derailleur.

Clamp up cable.

Set up mech.

You would get the slack if the mech/chain were in the lowest gear/biggest sprocket and the shifter had clicked down to the highest gear/smallest sprocket – as Al says, set everything as if you are on the smallest cog and start again

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Smallest cog and smallest chainring?

scaredypants

Here you go matey, but basically it’s what al said

(doesn’t matter which chainring but I’d put it in big just to keep the chainline better)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Cheers. I need to reindex them but the problem is the cable anchor bolts come off. No idea how put that back together. Especially the washer thing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pics?

scaredypants

DOes it look something like this ? (this is campagnolo but similar)

The bolt goes into the obvious threaded hole in the mech and the washer goes on the bolt, with the dangly bits hanging over the sides (there’s probably only one way it’ll fit properly)

try this (I haven’t actually watched it, mind)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sort off a bit flatter on mine acera derailiuer.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Update – Anyone help me. Basically My rear derailiuer pinch bolt was loose and came off so put it back on. Now It won’t shift cleanly into the largest three cogs at the back (123) as the shifters really tight. And if I use the knobs the cable flaps on the downtube. It’s either guitar string tight or super slack.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gear help’ is closed to new replies.