Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • gear cables for a inbred
  • crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i just got an inpred frame…it can gear cables stait from the shifter to the mech with one outer…which is sumthing i wanna do…but how much outer do i buy. its a 16inch frame

simonk
    Free Member

i think 1m 20-30cm iirc for my rear cable, i allways get a little more than i need every time.

Simonk

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

and the front?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Google Shimano SP41, and get 10m worth…..!

tinsy
    Free Member

I bought the nice looking Fibrax stuff off CRC £5 each with inners for my 18" inbred, it comes in the perfect length for the rear using a shaddow mech or a bit too short for a normal mech, but as I added cable oilers I could use the offcut from the front one to make it right.

Invest or borrow some cable cutters as you wont be able to order 2 lengths pre cut as far as I know.

But full length cables last ages and its not worth spending loads as they stay smooth for ages anyhow.

stoney
    Free Member

I use Aligator cables from Clee Cyles on mine.
    Nice silver braid and goes well with the Hope braided Hydro hose. Youll need 2 sets to do an inbread though as these cables are designed to be split between cable stops and run the inner sheath between them. If you`re acurate with your cutting you can manage a fair amount of spare for future use.
    They work really well though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘gear cables for a inbred’ is closed to new replies.