Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • gear cables
  • whyme
    Free Member

I have a set of Teflon coated clarks cables (inner) and am considering replacing the shimano inner with these (new shifter and rear mech). Outer is jagwire LEX.
    Anyone else used clarks Teflon cables?
    Are they any good relative to the shimano ones?

iainc

cant comment on the clarks ones but I always use the coated Shimano ones which seem fairly friction free. No point in changing inner without a new outer at same time.

ThePinkster

Yeah I’ve used Clarks Teflon inners and can’t say I’ve noticed any loss of performance over any other cables, Shimano or otherwise.

To be honest the biggest difference I notice is when I change the outers to a quality one.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Outers, SP41, inners whatever you like but cheap old generic stainless steel will be fine. Don’t need expensive inner with fancy coatings, in my opinion. I can never tell any difference. Outer is the important bit. Except if partial runs perhaps.

whyme
    Free Member

agree re outers. hence I have got new jagwire lex outers. Just curious re inners since I had the clarks Teflon ones and the new shifters came with inners. (current outers ok so will become spares, as will unused inner e that shimano or the clarks).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘gear cables’ is closed to new replies.