Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Gear Cable Inner Replacement – Giant Defy Advanced Disc
  • timnoyce
    Free Member

Guys,

I know that this is quite a popular road bike amongst forumites here, and having had mine since November it’s time for a new set of inners.

Question is, how easy is the gear cable inner process? I’ve not looked too closely yet, but I have the Dartmoor Classic on Sunday and feel that the bike will perform better if I do this prior to the ride but don’t want to mess about as my free time this week is somewhat limited.

If I am careful should it just be a case of removing the inners from the outer/liner, and then poking the replacement cable back in again through the frame? I am an internal cabling novice and so don’t want to shoot myself in the foot and regret starting the job!

Thanks in advance,

pjs6557
    Free Member

timnoyce

I am just in the middle of it and I would suggest you get the outer cables also. I had intended to only change the inner but when the rear gear cable outer came of the headtube it was badly frayed. Looks like the front out is also cracked at the same place. Looks like they get quite stressed at the point. LBS for me in the morning and no ride!! Inner on the Ultegra is a breeze by the way.

timnoyce
    Free Member

Thanks for the info! I’ve decided to make do with it for this weekend and then I’ll review it after the big ride when it’s less time sensitive!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Gear Cable Inner Replacement – Giant Defy Advanced Disc’ is closed to new replies.