Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • GD Turbo pin spring – aftermarket alternative?
  • tomhughes46

Right. Having just got in from a ride where I had some problem with keeping it up, I think I need to give my Gravity Dropper Turbo some attention. Most of the parts I seem to be able to buy from various sources in Europe, but I think I need a new pin spring (#358 Here ).

Has anyone managed to find somewhere (Halfords? RS? B&Q?) that you can buy these from? It’s just a spring after all, but does need to be the right size. I could take mine out, measure it and then trawl the internet to find a similar one but I’m hoping someone else has a box of them they want to sell from doing similar?

Failing this, anyone want to split postage on an order from GD in the US?

Cheers

Tom

STATO
    Free Member

Have you serviced it recently? i doubt its the spring at fault, afteral its only a spring. A good clean and service should see it right again id imagine?

STATO
    Free Member

oh, and i get my GD spares from CRC, nice and cheap compared to others (see Reverb thread!)

Junkyard
    Free Member

two options
    I think I have the spring you can have – I agree it is unlikely to be that – why would it psring back in the down position but not the up ?cable issue /pin alignement issue is my guess
    I am also doing an order from GD if you want spares

E-mail in profile

tomhughes46

Might try the cable first, but it was replaced fairly recently when Skyline serviced it.

Might take it apart and see what’s going on in there rather then being lazy!

Matt_SS_xc

I had a similar issue the other week. I removed the pin. Bit of light grease on the outside of the pin. Sorted!

scuttler

Deffo worth a service before buying parts. Check out the troubleshooting section of the website or the docs you got when you bought it for simple instructions on cleaning and solving common problems.

STATO
    Free Member

if they replaced the cabled make sure it was cut the right length, i think they are sensitive to length.

tomhughes46

Think it’s cable related, so the pin doesn’t always fully extend. Fingers crossed! Thanks all.

scuttler

To aid with cable routing I stuck one of these on my GD cable (as per a recommendation on here) to allow for a sharper turn. Bonus is it has a tensioner/adjuster in it to allow for a bit of stretch.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dia-compe-flexie-lever-adjuster/

Junkyard
    Free Member

nice idea that as it often frays where it enters the GD
    Goes of to Wiggle to purchase

scuttler

Regarding fitting the Flexie to a GD you need to pull the small fitting off the bottom end in the above pic. The exposed Flexie hose then goes straight into the GD housing and the cable outer from the thumb release button goes into the Flexie’s barrel adjuster.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘GD Turbo pin spring – aftermarket alternative?’ is closed to new replies.