Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • GCSEs
  • iDave
    Free Member

Anyone else waiting? I might get a tattoo of my daughters grades…….

Pook

No, I'm not. What I bored of though is all the stuff on the radio saying "didn't do as well as you hoped…we have a helpline and special programmes" etc etc as opposed to "Did what you wanted to? Well done! You've done bloody well and should be celebreating. We've dedicated two hours to party music and celebration".

Too negative this country.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you were smart iDave you'd get it painted on the side of a new estate car 😉

good luck for the daughters grades! (any anybody else waiting)

IHN

Got mine – 3 As, 4 Bs and a C. And an E in woodwork.

Mind you, that was in 1990.

iDave
    Free Member

[proud dad]
    6 A*
    4 A
    1 B
    [/proud dad]

Edric64
    Free Member

iDave how much have those great results cost you?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Pretty good going 😀
    I got 9 As, 2 Bs and 1 C back in the day…and got £20 for it 😛

anyone else notice all the people they showed on the BBC did well and didn't look that surprised about it?

Drac

Can't spell much with though iDave, shit tattoo.

Well done to her I know how proud I am just for my 7 year old going back to school in the year above her age.

mogrim

Can't spell much with though iDave, shit tattoo.

ABBA, with a tasteful silhouette of a dancing queen as a background?

Edric64
    Free Member

I have noticed that the BBC never show a few complete thicko's opening their results!!

Drac

ABBA, with a tasteful silhouette of a dancing queen as a background?

Only if you had a stutter.

iDave
    Free Member

….. could tatto all sorts of words with the letters from 'sixastarfiveaoneb'

Everywhen
    Free Member

anyone else notice all the people they showed on the BBC did well and didn't look that surprised about it?

That is because the BBC get everyone to open their results, find who did well, then open the envelopes again and look surprised when the cameras are pointing at them.

bruk

It is a bit like being in Communist North Korea though, every year the exam results are better than the year before!

iDave
    Free Member

Yeah, this years results are due to the condem governments glorious youth program they'll put in place next year.

mogrim

Only if you had a stutter.

A*BA, then, although you run the risk of people thinking that you're a bit embarrassed by your ABBA love. Perhaps instead of a silhouette, a dancing queen with iDave's daughter's face?

molgrips
    Free Member

Wait a minute, that's 11 bloody GCSEs! You some kind of slave driver?! 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

No, she's always loved school, loves study, works hard, wants to be a surgeon, if anything I'm forever telling her to chill a bit

mogrim

Wait a minute, that's 11 bloody GCSEs! You some kind of slave driver?!

12, surely? Bet molgrips got a D in Maths!

iDave
    Free Member

last time I checked, 6+4+1 was indeed 11 – mogrim, back of the class please!

molgrips
    Free Member

she's always loved school

Freak.. I'm suspicious of people like this…! 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

happy for you, enjoy your day

im currently trying to track down a lad who has almost certainly failed english lang, so he cannot even get onto his college course

EDIT: only just heard, scraped a C in Eng

mogrim

iDave – Member
    last time I checked, 6+4+1 was indeed 11 – mogrim, back of the class please!

Ah, didn't see that post: I translated the following (your post, too): sixastarfiveaoneb (6+5+1 <> 11)

Back of the class for both of us, molgrips promoted to official Teacher's Pet.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

well im just going to collect my lads results…… although im sure he has sufficiently high enough grades, its all a bit of an anti climax really has he has already got an genuine uniuion rate apprenticeship and therefore no stress this morning has he set of for work tool box in hand 😀

o the joys of now trying to get board off him 🙄

good luck to all waiting but the academic route is not always the best way ..IMO of course

mogrim

Nice on maxsatnav, a proper apprenticeship is infinitely better than another Media Studies graduate!

headfirst
    Free Member

[proud dad]

My little princess got

6A*s
    4As

and she's got a hot (so I'm reliably informed) boyfriend…

[/proud dad]

sadmadalan

iDave – congrats to your daughter. Waiting for my son to come home and open the results. He is so bothered by them that he has gone away for a couple of days of watching his cricket club U15 team try to win the national championship. His parents are more bothered!!

jonb
    Free Member

I imagine they are bothered, but are "too cool" to show it. Most kids work hard to get good results despite what people spout every year about them getting easier.

MSP

Edric 64 – Member

I have noticed that the BBC never show a few complete thicko's opening their results!!

That's because it would give the game away when the thikos opened the results and got 5 a's and 3 b's.

PiknMix
    Free Member

The most pointless exams of all time!

congrats to those who did well (those who didn't should have worked harder)

anagallis_arvensis

The most pointless exams of all time!

congrats to those who did well (those who didn't should have worked harder)

how old are you? you sound like a spoilt 16 year old to me, for many/majority they are very important and make a serious difference to their life chances. OK if you go on to get good a levels then a degree they are less important but you need them to do a levels.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well done iDaves daughter!

soobalias
    Free Member

seven C and above includes eng and maths.
    In my book that qualifies as a pass, as he will never need to revisit them again – college enrolement on friday hopefully!

Given the current climate for college entry i really feel for those that didnt get the 5c's baseline – look on the brightside, all passes do is qualify you to take more exams!

chewkw
    Free Member

iDave – Member

Anyone else waiting? I might get a tattoo of my daughters grades…….

FFS! Do you have to get a tattoo? That is not cool. Ts! Ts! Ts!

Oh ya … well done to your daughter.

The father on the other hand …. is definitely not A* for wanting tattoo.

🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well done the teachers too! Ok we can cut education funding now and privatise the schools!

What? we have plenty of educated people for yrs now! 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would like to take this moment to redress the balance and congratulate my brother on failing his English for the 4th time. He found out on Thursday that he got 3 U's in is AS exams! How he managed to get U's in PE, IT and Music is beyond me.

My parents are so proud of him. My wife is hoping our children's DNA is diluted enough for them not to suffer the same fate in 14 years time!

PiknMix
    Free Member

how old are you? you sound like a spoilt 16 year old to me, for many/majority they are very important and make a serious difference to their life chances. OK if you go on to get good a levels then a degree they are less important but you need them to do a levels.

Your GCSE's do not make a serious difference to your life chances. its people with that attitude that put too much pressure on people at ages where they should really be doing more to enjoy life rather than worry and stress over pointless exam results. As for A levels you don't really need them either 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Your GCSE's do not make a serious difference to your life chances

they do if you want to go on and do A levels, and a medical degree in order to be a surgeon

midlifecrashes

Congrats to all who got what they wanted. I was sitting doing some shortlisting for a teacher's job a few weeks back with the recruitment panel, and those in the room who hadn't done it before were pretty shocked how much weight we gave to GCSEs and other quals. Nearly all the applicants had 2:1 teaching degrees or PGCE combos, but the variability in A level and GCSE results was huge. Unis will fight hard not to fail students and help everybody to get to a 2:1 or 2:2 once they start the course as anything less looks bad on their stats.

scruff
    Free Member

You have to convert the grades to Japanese and have em inked on the back of your neck, or convert them to stars and have them on your tum, or convert them to those funny arse antlers you see popping out at Asda. Either way dont convert them to a Red Indian on your arm. I guess as its you, you could have a Celtic band and be tough like Snakey.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘GCSEs’ is closed to new replies.