Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • GBR 2016 Olympic MTB team
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’m out the loop of these things. Whens the team selected? Is Annie Lasts performance tomorrow critical? ta

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s BC….probably no one.

simondbarnes

What he said

taxi25
    Free Member

I could see us taking two, Grant and Evie.

m0rk
    Free Member

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcyclingteam/bios?keywords=&discipline=5003&gender=

But I think the rules were you had to be at least slightly in the game of getting a medal or you stay home…. So probably nobody

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TBH it would save everyone a lot of hassle if they could just work out the top 3 before hand and only send them, make the whole thing much simpler and cheaper

mikewsmith
    Free Member

also from a bit on the site

There’s controversy on the BMX side, with the omission of Tre Whyte and Quillan Isidore from the Worlds team. Mountain biking is a shambles, with not a single rider qualifying for Rio and examples of XC racers being made to do road races instead of XC races with valuable UCI points up for grabs. And gravity events are all but ignored, which might actually be a blessing in disguise.

http://singletrackworld.com/columns/2016/05/the-british-cycling-problem-is-down-to-bad-leadership-2/

qwerty
    Free Member

hmmm – so no change since the Eddie the Eagle selection process then….

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

As a Nation we have to qualify places first. I don’t think we’re going to qualify as a nation a woman’s place and the men’s places are hanging on a wish and a prayer. I think the qualification end date for nation places is 27th May or thereabouts.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mainly because BC won’t support riders who want to race events with qualifying points.
    Bit of a chicken/egg situation.BC won’t back riders who are’nt medal contenders (and if they are, they get syphoned off to road/track programs).So riders never get any experience and we never get any medal contenders.So Mtb funding gets cut and there’s less money to support upcoming riders.
    And the circle continues.

BadlyWiredDog

How has that been allowed to happen? Is it Shane Sutton’s fault? Who is running the mtb programme these days?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘GBR 2016 Olympic MTB team’ is closed to new replies.