Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Gay Scottish minister – to be debated
  • AdamW
    Free Member

If slightly stupid people dislike benders, what’s the problem? I’m sure some Gays dislike some stupid people.

Benders? Bloody hell it has been a long time since I was called that.

SamThomas – some of my friends are, erm, ‘straight’ but having sex with a woman? Disgusting. Ewww, ewww and thrice ewww! They have strange ‘bits’ and boobs and stuff*. Unnatural. Pass the sick bags. Should be banned! Quick! Write to the Daily Mail!

Still, they are my mates after all so I must be tolerant. Even though they are disgusting pervs.

* – for the humour impaired I think women are fab, I just don’t want to have sex with them. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I haven’t heard ‘bender’ for a long time either – I thought I was back in school 😯

But I like it, it’s one of those words which should be brought back into use I reckon. Well done whoever it was who used it 8)

EDIT

I think women are fab, I just don’t want to have sex with them

That’s the attitude I like. Less competition and more choice for me.

There’s nothing that p1sses me off more, than blokes who happy shagging other blokes, still shagging women ….. greedy fcukers.

DrJ

the church doesn’t seem to get so het up by ministers commiting the mortal sin of scoffing on a bit of scampi and chips

There’s no end to the depravity these days.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The Church of Scotland voted on Saturday evening to uphold the decision to appoint the Reverend Scott Rennie to Queen’s Cross Church.

Am I the only one to see the comedy value in this.

Nico
    Free Member
    headfirst
    Free Member

Nico, I didn’t see it at first, but that’s class! ROFL

bruneep
    project
    Free Member

Sam Thomas, so how do you decide when to talk to your so called gay mates, when theyre obviously undergoing retraining to be straight, or when theyre not wearing lycra and rideing a road bike.

I just dislike stupid people,but if i had a video camera id earn 250 quid for every one i filmed for ITV,idiots on tv.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I just dislike stupid people

So what you doing on here then ?

I like stupid people.

SamThomas
    Free Member

Sam Thomas, so how do you decide when to talk to your so called gay mates, when theyre obviously undergoing retraining to be straight, or when theyre not wearing lycra and rideing a road bike

My first post was harsh, I’m sorry if I offended people on here. (I had been at work all day and had been told that I shouldn’t ride for a month) No excuse I know, but I’m sorry.

Anyway,

When do I talk to my friends who are gay? Whenever – What I was trying to say was that I like the people, just I don’t agree with their actions.

Just like any other thing. You can like a religious person, but not agree with their actions.

And, about it not being natural. I guess it probably is to a gay person. It doesn’t seem it to me but then again I’m not gay.

Sorry to all those I offended.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I like the people, just I don’t agree with their actions.

I’m taking it then, that they’re forcing you to watch ?

In that case I don’t blame you ……… I reckon I would feel the same too.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

come to think of it …………… I wouldn’t much want to watch my heterosexual mates at it either.

lesbian would be fine though.

IdleJon

miketually – Member
    Things that are not natural: using a knife and fork; central heating; television; teh internets; justice.

Things that are natural: infanticide; gang rape; cannibalism; necrophilia.

Can I just check where you live so that I can make sure I never visit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have a sneaky suspicion that it might be Broadmoor, IdleJon.

Were you thinking of visiting ?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

What’s wrong with cannibalism?

I watched defiance tonight and found myself wondering why when people were starving in the forest and several dead bodies became available, they didn’t just eat them? You’d be able to tuck in even if they were your family but you were starving, wouldn’t you? Better than dying of starvation I’d imagine.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Better than dying of starvation I’d imagine

Although possibly a tad less convenient (or ‘normal’) than popping down to Tesco.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Although possibly a tad less convenient (or ‘normal’) than popping down to Tesco.

There was no Tesco.

And even with Tesco on my doorstep, I’d rather not shop there for ethical reasons.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There was no Tesco.

Fair point.

Although assuming that probably very few punters on STW are actually engaged in fighting a Nazi occupying force from camps deep in the Belarussian forests, I still maintain that looking for an unwanted corpse to tuck into when you’re feeling a little peckish is probably just a tad ‘unnatural’.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

I still maintain that looking for an unwanted corpse to tuck into when you’re feeling a little peckish is probably just a tad ‘unnatural’.

Tell that to “Nature”. I dare you.

Anyway, what about a special occasion, say a wedding, or….a funeral?

konabunny
    Free Member

“And even with Tesco on my doorstep, I’d rather not shop there for ethical reasons. “

Heh – “I’d rather eat the decaying corpses of my relatives than shop at Tesco” could be a great campaign slogan!

miketually
    Free Member

Can I just check where you live so that I can make sure I never visit.

infanticide – lots of animals will kill their own young if they’re disturbed shortly after birth.

gang rape – never been near a pond when the mallards are mating?

cannibalism – our gerbil ate it’s brother’s face.

necrophilia – I believe that was t’ducks again.

Sitting in a chair drinking a cup of tea while posting on the internet as my kids watch TV is very unnatural, but I’m doing it right now!

juan
    Free Member

* – for the humour impaired I think women are fab, I just don’t want to have sex with them.

It’s ok adam, I can do that for you if you want… After all it’s always a pleasure to help a fellow mountainbiker…

Now those marmite eating freaks…

BigDummy
    Free Member

The argument about what is “natural” doesn’t get you anywhere in this context. You agree (presumably!) that killing your own young, gang rape and shagging corpses are wrong in fairly important ways. You don’t do it, or defend other people doing it, on the ground that it is perfectly natural behaviour that ducks indulge in all the time. It is bizarre therefore to claim that the behaviour of monkeys or bighorn sheep in some sense justifies homosexuality. I am no theologian or moral scholar, but I don’t think “don’t do anything that is abhorrent even to gerbils, but otherwise you’re fine” is good religion, good morals or a good basis for human social relations. 🙂

You can do much better, can’t you, by making loving relationships the issue and not getting so hung up on the mechanics of the sex. That means you don’t have to play in the same moral league as ducks, and can swing the point of the issue over to something which appears to be a human trait and a very good one.

Ideally though, we do need to hear from God again on this one. The last clear statement on the subject does appear to boil down to “god hates fags”, or at least that is what a lot of the more vocal people who believe in him heard. If in fact he was misinterpreted then some clarification would be very welcome….

🙂

IdleJon

What a fantastic thread.

We have someone asking what the Bible has to do with religious instruction.

Then we have bigotry, BNP and homophobia.

Marmite of course.

Then we are told we need to be on the side of the ducks and hamsters as far as ethics are concerned.

It’s no wonder I’m a confused man.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I am no theologian or moral scholar, but I don’t think “don’t do anything that is abhorrent even to gerbils, but otherwise you’re fine” is good religion, good morals or a good basis for human social relations.

On the plus side it’s consise, easy to remember and unambiguous. As a new belief system, you could be onto a winner.
    Just write a multi-million best seller ‘What would a Gerbil do?’, and the world’s your oyster (or gerbil wheel).

IdleJon

IanMunro – Member
    Just write a multi-million best seller ‘What would a Gerbil do?’, and the world’s your oyster (or gerbil wheel).

Problem is that I don’t spend the day running inside a little wheel.

(Off now to ride round and round a large hill….)

project
    Free Member

Sam Thomas, so how do you decide when to talk to your so called gay mates, when theyre obviously undergoing retraining to be straight, or when theyre not wearing lycra and rideing a road bike

“My first post was harsh, I’m sorry if I offended people on here. (I had been at work all day and had been told that I shouldn’t ride for a month) No excuse I know, but I’m sorry”

So your gay mates read what you said about them, and rode you then,and now youve got a sore arse,

Perhaps you should contenplate the repercussions before you post such offensive words,or like me post what you think,and if it upsets people offer groveling apologies in private.

SamThomas
    Free Member

Atleast I admitted I was wrong.

On reflection what I said came across terribly. I’m not homophobic, I’m just not gay and therefore find it hard to understand.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What is there to understand ?

I don’t see the attraction of giving another geezer one up the ar5e, but since I have no intention of doing it, I don’t need to.

I don’t need to understand, nor do you.

You just need to accept that how other people choose to live their lives, is their business, not your business.

To sum up …….. mind your own **** business.

HTH

project
    Free Member

Sam,

So youre not homophobic just dont like what they get up to, im not politicianophobic, just dont like what the snivelling,scroungeing little shits do.

In life theres a lot of things i and others dont like about other people,strangely we get paid to work with them, and that seems to make it easier.

Id have a serious chat to your gay mates, before they find out, what you think of them, and you no longer are classed as as a freind.

Good freinds are very hard to get, no matter what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom.

crazy-legs

You just need to accept that how other people choose to live their lives, is their business, not your business.

Which is precisely what the church has yet to learn (going back to the original poster and point of this thread if I may…)
    I’ve never managed to work out what business the church (or anyone else for that matter) has with what I or anyone else gets up to in their own bedroom (so long as it is between consenting adults obviously), again something else the church has yet to learn – buggering young boys does not count as “between consenting adults”. Clearly I’d make a dreadful Roman Catholic priest…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve never managed to work out what business the church (or anyone else for that matter) has with what I or anyone else gets up to in their own bedroom

WTF ? Have they been peering through your bedroom window ? 😯

You need to move mate ………. none of the churches round my area give a toss about what I get up to.

SamThomas
    Free Member

I don’t need to understand, nor do you.

Fair enough, you’re right.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve never managed to work out what business the church (or anyone else for that matter) has with what I or anyone else gets up to in their own bedroom

The church in question has just appointed a gay bishop. Sounds like they’re not too bothered about teh gays 🙂

Dougal
    Free Member

Just announced on the news that The Assembly has deferred their decision on the matter till 2011. Bets on this being buried?

konabunny
    Free Member

Because, err, each Church is in the business of moralizing about people’s behaviour, it believes God (the Almighty Creator of the Universe) has laid down some pretty definite rules about how to conduct yourself, that if you disobey those rules, you will be damned to torment in hell, and their calling is to shepherd as many people as possible to heaven by following the example of their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

That 2000 year old mission doesn’t stop because a few poncy middle class Northern European men developed a theory of liberalism that includes a distinction between the public and private spheres (as far as it’s concerned).

You may suggest the Church (any church) take its opinions about what you do in your bedroom and ram them; you may certainly fight any attempt by the Church to impose its beliefs on homosexuality, mixing fibres or shellfish on you; but you can’t really be surprised that they’re interested in people’s private lives…

konabunny
    Free Member

Bets on this being buried?

Naah, the issue is sure to rise again…

DrDolittle
    Free Member

It’s strange don’t you think that the Catholic church, with all it’s power and influence, can find interest in ordinary people’s lives. I’m but a humble pleb, and I find everything to do with every human being I’ve ever known to be seriously **** dull… But I still manage to be a really nice guy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because, err, each Church is in the business of moralizing about people’s behaviour

Well I think everyone can agree that is a given, what else would people expect them to do ffs ?

What I don’t understand is why some people have a problem with that ?

After all, people are giving other people advise on what they should do, say, and think, everyday – so where’s the problem ?

David Cameron moralises to me everyday. Telling me what to do and how to think. I don’t agree with him. But I deal with that by simply not voting for his party at election time.

If people are unhappy with what a certain church is saying, solve that little conundrum by not going to church.

I don’t agree that I should bow towards Mecca and pray 5 times a day, so that when I die, I can enter Paradise. I deal with that by not going to my local mosque. I don’t agree that I should walk around all day with a turban in my head. I deal with that by not going to my local Sheikh temple. Where exactly is the problem ?

What other people say, do, and think, is their business and their business alone. So why all the interfering busy-bodies ? Bit of a cheek I reckon. As I’ve said previously, I couldn’t give a toss whether or not the Church of Scotland allows gay ministers, although I can understand C of S members might be bothered. Can’t imagine all those who have give their opinions are C of S members though 😕

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not for any particular reason

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Gay Scottish minister – to be debated’ is closed to new replies.