Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Gay Dads last night on Channel 4,
  • project
    Free Member

Basicly a documentry about 2 millionaire blokes who just happened to be gay and in love with each other, they donated sperm to a lady to inseminate her ,she had the kids and then just handed them over to the dads forever, for a sum of cash.
    Last night we watched as they decided to have another 2 kids, which they did the same thing for,handed over the cash and she handed over the babies at birth.
    It was a really moving well done programe and the 3 kids that were about 4 6 and 8 where really nice and well balanced kids,really knowledgeable about how they where created(their words).

From a programe that could have been freakish it turned out very interesting and thought provoking, sadly some of the parents at the childrens school thought otherwise, and made the dads decide to transfer the children to another school

cynic-al
    Free Member

In the Gruaniad @ the weekend.

Gays "in being good parents" SHOCKER 😮

wwaswas

I think there was a documentary about them before – again – they came across as people who really wanted to be parents and were determined to do a good job of it.

Good luck to them, can't believe (well I can) that other parents would force them to move their kids to another school…

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I thought the one the kids called 'Daddy', was one of the most selfish, obnoxious, repugnant pr*cks ever to be seen on TV, gay or straight.

sofatester
    Free Member

Reminds me of a Frankie Boyle sketch about having a gay dad.

I will have to Google when at home due to it being NSFW 😀

MSP

Is putting your kids lives on television really good parenting?

I seem to remember the documentary when they had the first kid, and agree they seemed pretty well balanced and likely to make good parents. But to do another now seems like putting atention seeeking ahead of their kids lives.

lunge

I thought they came across as loving parents who appear to have brought up 3 well loved and intelligent kids in a stable family environment.

The only thing that I did not like (and I have to say this is not related to their sexuality) was the comment "Daddy" made when he found there was a chance that one of the new twins might have Downs Syndrome. I can't remember his exact words but it was along the lines that it was too late to do anything about it and the only option was fostering or adoption. That comment grated somewhat.

But, it was a very good programme and they definitely came across very well, as did the kids.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Daddy takes the lead role in his kids school christmas play. Parents object that really, it's for the kids to perform, not the parents. He screams 'homophobia' and takes the kids out of school.

Good parenting…?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I can't remember his exact words but it was along the lines that it was too late to do anything about it and the only option was fostering or adoption

Sorry? If one of the kids they were longing for had Down's, the only option to them would be to give it away?

binners

Nowt up with gay parents. A couple of lesbians down the road have an adopted daughter the same age as my little'un. She's brought up in a caring environment by two people who really love here

She was taken into care pretty much at birth as her genetic mother was a heroine addicted prostitute. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm – I wonder which offers the better upbringing?

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

binners: You're right of course. But lets not pretend that ALL gay parents are that good.

lunge

mastiles_fanylion, as I said I can't remember the exact words but it was in relation to the unborn twins. The sentiment was that if one of the twins was born with downs then 1 option was to put it up for adoption or fosters.

lunge

joe@brookscycles – Member
    binners: You're right of course. But lets not pretend that ALL parents are that good.

Fixed that for you, there are good and bad parents irrelevent of their sexuality.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The sentiment was that if one of the twins was born with downs then 1 option was to put it up for adoption or fosters.

That is sad. 🙁

there are good and bad parents irrelevent of their sexuality.

100% agree.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Attention seekers I don’t believe in what they are doing and don’t blame the other parents at the school. Why can they not adopt or will that not massage there ego's.

binners

Yes. For gods sake! I thought the gays were very fashionable and had their fingers on the pulse of popular culture. If Brad and Angelina are adopting, surely they should be too.

They could have a little braaaaaaaan one

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why can they not adopt or will that not massage there ego's.

Yeah, there will be lots of disabled kids put up for adoption that they could care for as a loving family.

project
    Free Member

At least the kids are going to not want for anything due to the money in the house,im also sure that one of the dads had throat cancer last year.

Joe, theres good bike shops as well as bad bike shops, and good spaner monkies as well as bad,lets just pretend all are equal. 😆

A truely loving family unit, and an example for others to follow no matter waht their sexuality.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

they donated sperm to a lady to inseminate her, she had the kids and then just handed them over to the dads forever, for a sum of cash.

The woman who carried/delivered the baby(s) wasn't inseminated. She was just the surrogate. (oven for the buns!)

The egg donors were chosen (also paid handsomely), eggs harvested, inseminated with one guy's sperm and then put in the oven.

That's why, under Californian law, the surrogate has no rights to access etc whatsoever, as soon as the delivery is complete, as she is not related in any way at all to the baby(s).

Very good documentary… wouldn't recommend waxing a babies mono-brow though!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Gay Dads last night on Channel 4,’ is closed to new replies.