Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gawton DH
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I am planning on making a trip there but was wondering how much further beyond Bristol it is. I have relatives in Bristol who I can stay with when I go.

Oh, and what's the push back up like? It looks like I may be going on a Friday, and the uplift only runs at weekends.

snaps
    Free Member

A good two hours from Bristol if you don't hit traffic.

jam-bo

1hr15 if your in a hurry and want to get home…. 8)

push up is hard/steep but relatively short. takes about 20 mins if your reasonably fit.

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers folks for the info.

rhys
    Free Member

Depending on your bike the return is rideable. E.g something like a spicy or a 5 etc

jam-bo

its a horrible ride up though.

I managed three runs in an hour on my five the other day though.

got six runs in an hour in at chipshop.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks again guys. I'll be on my Banshee Rune, which a 6×6 bike, and very pedalable, but it will most likely be in it's dh mode with softer suspension and heavy wheels so may only pedal the first few runs 😀

jam-bo

Once you've peddled one, you wont want to pedal anymore.

mikey74
    Free Member

What's it like in the wet? I'll be there in November so I think it's safe to assume it will be a little moist.

slowrider
    Free Member

was there t'other day, very good fun! hsd and most of super tavi should be alright in the wet, a few bits of tavi and egypt would be pretty slidey i reckon. definitely worth the trip though, we didnt have the uplift and still had a blast (no riding up, my bike is 37lbs)

jam-bo

properly wet is pretty good
    properly dry is really good

somewhere in between is a bloody nightmare. gets really greasy.

mikey74
    Free Member

thanks for the info. I feel like going tomorrow :mrgreen:

mikey74
    Free Member

thanks for the info. I feel like going tomorrow :mrgreen:

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Excellent place to ride.Its all ride-able in the wet,but i would recommend using super tacky tyres if wet or damp.Will be there again soon.Also recommend Chipshop which is just down the road,More excellent trails.
    You need to get a day pass to ride there.Or you might be asked to leave.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gawton DH’ is closed to new replies.