Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Gawton…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

… I love you!

carlphillips
    Free Member

its good fun isn’t it!!
    I’m very lucky to live 25mins away, uplift booked for tomorrow, come on sun!!!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

It was amazing yesterday – ProperJob is so much fun – best trail I’ve ridden in the UK so far and some Germans who were riding it were saying it was better than Finale Ligure which surprised me as Finale is on my list of places to visit.

They’ve done an amazing job down there.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ye proper job is fun once you get used to it, but my favourite is supertavy.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I could spend a few days just on supertavy – awesomely gnarly trail

jam-bo

I should probably go more given I live five minutes away….

carlphillips
    Free Member

Just got back from my uplift day, a fast and dusty supertavy and Egypt alternatively all day 🙂 I’m a happy boy.

toys19
    Free Member

I love gawton, have not been for ages I was there almost every weekend when the uplift initially opened. Miss it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

It was running really well today, I’ve always pushed up as I rarely get all day to ride, but it was lovely feeling fresh after 7+ runs. Will definitely try to use it more often.
    New driver was a nice chap.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes dusty Gawton.. awesome

hope they build some more there. the terrain is unique to the UK in being so steep. could be world class with 10 or so trails.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Heard they are looking at putting some singletrack in when they get the manpower

timbo678
    Free Member

Is it DH bike territory only or would a 160mm AM cope? Cheers

kayak23

would a 160mm AM cope?

Easy.
    I was there Sunday on my Mega. Awesome day of riding. Proper job is fantastic.
    Had a bit of a tubeless fail mind, and on a pretty innocuous jump too…
    Love the place.

stevede
    Free Member

160mm am bike will be fine and for hsd and proper job the better choice of bike. Super tavi and Egypt are fun on any bike, more appropriate on a dh bike but I ride it on my hardtail quite often, all of it, road gaps included 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

@kayak23 ah that was you! Nice to meet you! ( I was the guy on the scalp) was an awesome day of dusty ness:-)
    Had a good day at haldon today, so much grip ( didn’t stop me hitting a tree though)

timbo678
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks will check it out

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah – I was riding a 160/150mm Scott Voltage and it was fine. Not sure I’d need much more unless I wanted to make it easier. 😉

kayak23

carlphillips – Member

@kayak23
    ah that was you! Nice to meet you!

Yeah you too. Great to have friendly locals about. We didn’t get to Triscombe in the end… jumped into the sea instead. 😀

freeridenick
    Free Member

rode my mega there no problem..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Gawton…’ is closed to new replies.