• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gave blood today..1st time.
  • Wally

It was quite fun. 5min 11s for just under a pint. Strava! ( PS.I have no real idea what strava is)

bigblackshed

Well done. Now keep on donating when the invite comes through.

Mine would be about 1% alcohol ATM, 2 days of over indulgence. I should be OK to donate in January after a year of operations and complications that ruled me out.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

That’s pretty quick, although I once went after climbing and it practically squirted out in a similar time

I’ve done 6 or 7 and about to switch to platelet donation, first one in about 3 and a half weeks so my blood alcohol should have settled by then, although I get back from skiing 4 days before so maybe not….

I’ve found the best way to make sure you donate as often as possible is to book your next appointment before you leave

GrahamS

A pint? That’s very nearly an armful!

wilburt
    Free Member

Well done on all counts, I was always told my irons levels were high and although I didn’t time it the nurses assured me (not for the first time)I was finished sooner than most.

I started giving blood after my daughter was born and her mother needed 12 pints to get through the event, its been repaid now which is what i wanted to do but I really should carry on but have let it slip.

Captain_Sponge

Excellent, welcome to the club, let’s get others doing it too?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Just a pint 🙄

Get more in a black pudding

😉

core

I’m up to 5 donations now, going strong!

m0rk
    Free Member

Nice work. Well done

Timing it is only something I’ve recently ‘got into’ – I’m not quite sub four minutes, but I think with a suitably stressful day I might get there.

I think I’m just off number 30, but I started at 18 and skipped a few years in the middle

crossland
    Free Member

My next one will be 75. If I can stay healthy foranother 8 years will get to 100 units of whole blood. Started at 18 thinking as a motorcyclist might need some but thankfully never have

crossland
    Free Member

My next one will be 75. If I can stay healthy foranother 8 years will get to 100 units of whole blood. Started at 18 thinking as a motorcyclist might need some but thankfully never have

crossland
    Free Member

Tablet playing up, sorry for double post

kcal

I’m not sure of my total donations of real blood (not plasma) as they messed up the records in shuffling around from central belt to north scotland.

But I reckon it must be as above around 75 – 80. Funnily enough it was being a motorcyclist that also led me to start donating while at university. When in Edinburgh used to cycle from work, all the way up Leith Walk, then to the BTS centre on Laurieston Place. Never took long for a pint at that level of workout!!

duncancallum

I’ve had a transfusion after major surgery stitching me back together after a mtb shunt.

As I’ve had one I can’t give apparently which I find annoying and daft.

So I’d urge anyone to do it and whilst Sat there doing it donate to your local mountain rescue…

markcurtains
    Free Member

62nd time for me tomorrow. Missed a year following getting my new elbow and can no longer donate from my trusty left arm as I can’t straighten it but keep plugging away

Wally – Member
    Strava! ( PS.I have no real idea what strava is)

Howled at this ^ 😀

one_bad_mofo

Having been a blood donor and then a platelet donor before going back to whole blood donations, I’m now at 11+ and still going. It gives me an enormous sense of well-being.

hora
    Free Member

I absolutely hate giving blood. Always feel wiped out on the bike after but when a Nurse told me my bloodtype & CMV- combo is used in premature birth/certain surgeries(?) I thought **** the minor niggles and keep doing it 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gave blood today..1st time.’ is closed to new replies.