Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gatwick Parking
  • eazyrider
    Free Member

Anybody got ideas or experience of parking for Gatwick airport

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Be VERY careful if you use a parking company. Lots of stories on local news of cars being left in streets, lay-bys, fields instead of secure parking areas and also a few weeks ago a company went bust leaving returning drivers stuck at the airport and then when they got to the site found it padlocked shut, no keys for locks or cars.

m0rk
    Free Member

Valet on site with Gatwick official was cheapest by far for me three weeks ago.

Dropped it just outside the terminal, picked up from short stay. I won’t use anything else now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Night at the Sofitel with parking has always been cheaper and easier than anything else for me.

jam-bo

I park at my sisters house in copthorne. HTH

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jam bo, that was a cheaper option for me, but it certainly wasn’t easier.

😉

jimmy748

I use “I love meet and great” parking around twice a month, excellent service and well priced, if you are only away for a day or so the short stay parking is often cheaper than Valet and occasionally cheaper than long stay

granny_ring

We always use APH and shuttle bus which is around 10 mins.

thepurist

Cophall parking – have used them a couple of times when flashy was already at jam bo’s sisters 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

My Maxi Life came from “I Love Meet and Greet”!
    Tend to use Purple Parking now as they consistently are the cheapest. Secure on site multi level parking, car is moved to their waiting area when you land, buses every 10 mins.

wallop

Take photos of your car when you hand it over. My friend’s car was damaged in the care of a Gatwick parking company this week.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Only ever on site personally and I’d never hand my keys over, even for official ones.

At a push, approved off-site. Never ever unapproved ones.

Also, if you’re North terminal, don’t be afraid to use South terminal parking which might be cheaper at the time (or vice versa). Just use the shuttle between them. Only a few minutes extra.

When things go wrong – http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/gatwick-airport-parking-company-stops-trading-passengers-stranded-meet-and-greet-sussex-surrey-a7848791.html

tonyg2003

I know of quite a few people with meet and greet nightmare stories. I might park the banger with them but not the good car.

LittleNose
    Free Member

official long stay car parks every time for me… when I lived ~10 miles away, it was still cheaper than the local taxi firms

beej

Anything up to a week, just pre-book the short stay. Walk to terminal, no-one else driving or parking my car. Tends to be about £30 more than long stay.

Perfect if you’ve got lots of luggage/bike/kids.

crazy-legs

Can’t remember the firm but it was one of those off-site secure parking things. Left the car there at 3am, handed the keys over, got an official bus into Gatwick for the early morning flight.

Returned, got the bus back to the car park, they handed the keys back – and the car wasn’t where they said it was. A member of staff found it eventually but I wished I’d taken a mileage reading before leaving it there!

takisawa2

We used Oakhurst, a B&B, booked through JustPark. Was £50 for the week, plus £6 each way for transfers.
    Car left on their driveway, keys left as they block park. Took mileage reading but it didn’t move.
    Was efficient enough, would probably use again. It was about 5-7 mins from the airport.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gatwick Parking’ is closed to new replies.