Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gatwick Airport Parking
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I want to book parking at Gatwick airport* for 2weeks next April and have just looked at prices, the airport website shows Long Stay North at £92 and Summer Special at £106 which seems ridiculously expensive!

I therefore have two questions: 1) I thought the summer special was meant to be ‘special’ and therefore cheaper than the normal long stay! Will it reduce nearer the time or is that the best they will do? 2) I can probably get it cheaper through one of the comparison websites, but there seem to be loads, which ones are reliable and does anyone have a discount code I can use? Thanks.

*I don’t want to park too far from the airport as I’ll have a wife, a child, a baby and a bike box with me!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Seems like standard price for 2 weeks. Not sure why the summer special is more.

Long Stay South is often cheaper, but is an extra faff getting to North terminal via the monorail.

Personally I’d avoid all parking that isn’t on airport, and probably most that aren’t official, especially those you hand your keys over to. You’ve got no idea what they’re doing with your car while you’re away and heard reports of dodgy things going on.

Prices vary but usually based on demand rather than going up or down as it gets nearer. Discounts aren’t generally available from other sites for the official parking. Plenty of discounts for unofficial, but depends if you want to risk them.

thepurist

I’ve used cophall parking a few times, service has been great and price usually way better than the airport options.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Holyzeus
    Free Member

Have you tried Purple Parking?

YoGrant
    Free Member

Park at my house and get a Taxi to the airport*

I’m in Maidenbower, Crawley. 5-8 mins from terminals and the local cab firms do big enough taxis for a bike box.

*If you are not a nutter weirdo!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I seem to recall that Gatwick did make a thing about their own booking engine being the cheapest place to buy on-site parking at Gatwick, not sure if that’s still true.

From memory, the ‘Valet Meet & Greet’ seemed one of the best-value options to me – you get to park right next to departures, and collect from arrivals, no waiting around or buses involved, and you know your car isn’t going to be ragged off and left in a muddy field for 2 weeks, or worse.

It can also be cheaper to buy a hotel with parking than it is to get parking on its own, if that’s of any use.

I’m afraid I helped design Gatwick’s websites. I proposed a “Closest / Cheapest / Easiest” preference to make it easier for people to navigate the myriad parking options, but they didn’t like it. They seemed to think it was in their interest to leave people confused. There you go. I tried.

sadexpunk

*bookmarks grants offer for possible future holidays 😀

EDIT: oh, just seen the bit at the end about nutter weirdos, no worries then 😉

JEngledow
    Free Member

Park at my house and get a Taxi to the airport*

That’s a lovely offer, but the flight is at silly o’clock in the morning, were not taking the kids car seats on the flight so won’t have them for a taxi and mrs E fails the nutter weirdo test!

nickjb
    Free Member

For early flights the hotel with parking option works well. You don’t have to get up quite so early and they bus you to the airport in 10 mins or so. Should be a similar price just less rushing around

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, hotel parking. We use the one at the terminal for skiing trips. (Sofitel, IIRC) Works out cheaper than a week of parking some times and far more convenient.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Been using Purple parking since sept for flying out here to Italy.
    Other than “I Love Meet & Greet” no one else has been cheaper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gatwick Airport Parking’ is closed to new replies.