Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • gate from private garden into a public park?
  • Sodajim

alfabus how did you get on with your offer?
    Hopefully no news is good news
    Been rooting for you in man cave support!
    I agreed to a sale for our house today so at last one step closer to my next humungus man cave endowed new house

alfabus
    Free Member

It’s gone to sealed bids… we put in a bid this morning at 9am and we’re still waiting for them to get back to us!

To be honest, I have run out of nerves now; slightly numb to the whole process.

Dave

Sodajim

Arrgghhhh!
    I hate sealed bids!!!
    I got involved in one about 4 years ago when trying to buy the house of my dreams!!

You really just have to put down the most you can afford and hope for the best!

I hope your more sucsessfull than I was then!

Good luck buddy I think there’s a few of us on here rooting for you 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alfabus
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Still heard nothing… all I can do is wait 🙄

Dave

donsimon
    Free Member

This is a bit strange, having just read the thread I have been drawn into the wait and the whole nervyness thing. Rooting for you dude! Get that mancave and build that gate. Stand up and fight for the little man! Godspeed and god bless all who sail in her!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

The most exciting thing on stw in a long while!! Aren’t sealed bids a load of bollox tho, because if you lose out and make another offer are the agents not legally bound to pass the offer on???

alfabus
    Free Member

Latest installment… We bid highest, but we don’t know if they’ve made another counter offer yet. So again, we wait 🙂 🙁

Thanks for all the support, my missus just read this thread and was touched 8)

Dave

donsimon
    Free Member

my missus just read this thread and was touched

Wasn’t me. 👿

woody2000

What the hell’s the point of sealed bids if they can just bid again? Grrrrrr!!

The suspense is getting a bit much now tbh, I’m off for a lie down 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bump, cmon cmon. Only reason I logged in!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

haha I just gazumped him,
    I’m gonna knock it all down and build a pig farm.

Disclaimer: not really, good luck!

nacho
    Free Member

+1 @ Woody2000 – surely it’s now yours? Subject to mortgage etc.
    If you get it are you having an STW “cave warming party”? 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

House is ours!!!

just sorting out the mortgage now 8)

so, do I go for a valuation survey, or a homebuyers report? (house was built in 1900 and looked to be in good structural condition to my eye – experience based on my 1890 terrace which had subsidence)

details of housewarming to follow – in case anyone hadn’t figured it out from my previous posts, it is in cheltenham 🙂

Dave

woody2000

Hurrah – now knock em down a bit! 🙂

If you want peace of mind then go for a full blown structural survey – neither the standard or homebuyers offer any guarantee. We had the homebuyers one done and basically it still said buyer beware, and offered no comeback.

ourmaninthenorth

Ace news alfabus. 😀

Now, about that gate – by the time you get round to doing that after fitting out the ManSpace(tm) and posting gratuitous photos all over here, all worries about cheeky access and burglary will have passed. 😉

enduro-aid
    Free Member

well done alfabus hope you guys are very happy in the new place

as for the house warming do you want us to arrive at the front or shall we use the new back gate?

or could make the theme of the party a gate party i.e everyone bring a part of the gate and build it!

Harry_the_Spider

I’d go for the full survey TBH. I was advised by a former estate agent / surveyor to do that on anything of that age or older. We’ve had a 1909 and an 1810 vintage house. Neither of which had any problems but there is always a risk.

ourmaninthenorth

I’d go for the full survey TBH

Me too. But I’m cautious – we had a full survey done on the house we’re trying to buy. It was built in 1965….

Harry_the_Spider

Back to the OP…

Our Garden / Park gate

A tricky bugger to get over that blends into the background.

alfabus
    Free Member

this is the hedge/park/back yard in question, you can see the main public access to the right of the pic.

not sure how long that picture will be hosted, hopefully the house is coming off t’internet soon.

Dave

ourmaninthenorth

Pair of ladders, blanket, bottle of wine and two glasses.

Bream
    Free Member

My mum has a house which backs onto a park, all the houses on that street and in fact every house which backs onto the whole park boundary have a gate in place for easy access.

What about your new street, do any of the neighbor have gates onto the park? Usually a good sign if it’s ok/nok.

The only time my old dad (RIP) got a call from the council was when he opened up the gap to make it wide enough to park his boat in the back garden. The council said there was no road access so he couldn’t do that etc. He said ok and put a removable section in the fence and left the boat there anyway. About right for my old dad 😆

Congrats on the new man cave BTW 8)

marcus
    Free Member

Result.

That park looks like it would make a good social housing development site though.

bigrich

swap the back hedge for a roll up garage door thing.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Congratulations Alfabus … most exciting post on here for a while edge of the seat stuff,the park looks great i can totally understand you wanting a gate

wrightyson
    Free Member

Roll out the hedge cutters!!! Happy new home to you and yours!!

Sodajim

Yehaaaaa!!
    Well done alfabus!!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘gate from private garden into a public park?’ is closed to new replies.