Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Gate crashing hotels.
  • zippykona

Every time I go to breakfast in a hotel I think, “you could just come in off the street and help yourself.”
    Also on a recent holiday to an all inclusive , you could have just wandered off the beach and ordered non stop drinks.
    So,anyone been brave enough to do it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No but you’ve inspired me to try it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I find that at funerals people tend not to ask too many questions and you can get a decent bit of grub.

Just make certain you wear something black.

Drac

Also on a recent holiday to an all inclusive , you could have just wandered off the beach and ordered non stop drinks.

Did you not have your band?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I find that at funerals people tend not to ask too many questions and you can get a decent bit of grub.

I’m convinced that a lot of people who are ‘religious’ are only interested in getting a helping of steak pie* at every funeral they go to.

*a bit of a scots tradition.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

yes i have.
    it’s all about attitude.
    oh and the posher the venue- the less likely they are to ask questions. if you think someone is about to rubble you, give them a drinks order and before they speak turn away and continue your conversation. basically it only works if you act like tory politician

zippykona

Drac,no bands.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve sometimes had similar thoughts, but I’m English so couldn’t possibly do it.

ActionJackson
    Free Member

Done it and loved it, just start talking to people who are meant to be there and no-one will know! Be brave and go for it, what will the do ‘chuck you out’!

CountZero

I’m convinced that a lot of people who are ‘religious’ are only interested in getting a helping of steak pie* at every funeral they go to.

Laurie Anderson wrote a song about that:
    “well he was an ugly guy. with an ugly face. an also ran in the human race. and even God got sad just looking at him. and at his funeral all his friends stood around looking said. but they were really thinking of all the ham and cheese sandwiches in the next room. and everybody used to hang around him. and I know why. they said: there but for the grace of the angels go i.”
    Gravity’s Angel © Laurie Anderson

chipster

Laurie Anderson, reading that takes me back to the mid eighties, CZ.
    Thanks. 8)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, few times at the end of a night out.
    Hotel, not funeral.

Crashed a wedding once. Think the motorbike leathers gave it away

bruneep

Did you not have your band?

Only applies to the low end AI providers.

We resort surfed when in Barbados, nobody cared.

dknwhy

My dad used to do the “free” hotel breakfast with his business partners every year when they went to a trade show at the NEC.
    Used to park up in the Hilton and then go in and get a free breakfast, before slithering out one by one. They did it fully expecting to be caught and paying the £17(!) each but in the space of 7-8 years only got caught once. Think the hotel wised up to it though as they started checking guest names on the way in.

theotherjonv

You can do the same in any shop. Go in, just act all as if you’re there for proper reasons, pick up a few items, put a few back, slip the odd one into your bag and then walk out. If you act all confident chances are no-one will twig and you’ll get away with it.

FFS.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A coleague* spent 18 months in the same travelodge, by the end of it the staff all lined up, applauded, seaches, etc, and gave him a leaving present when he finaly got out!

Anyway, this hotel also did cheap weddings (the kind with a buffet rather than a sit down meal and appear on C4 documentaries), so he’d regulalry crash them, get he free meal and hit the free bar. By the end he wasn’t even bothering to put a suit on!

*no he doesn’t work for Radio Norwich.

jam-bo

most places I stay in now want a room number and name before they let you in for breakfast.

natrix
    Free Member

You can do the same in any shop. Go in, just act all as if you’re there for proper reasons, pick up a few items, put a few back, slip the odd one into your bag and then walk out. If you act all confident chances are no-one will twig and you’ll get away with it.

Don’t forget to line the bag with silver foil 8)

rossatease
    Free Member

Yep used to crash the Club Med in Les Menuires for lunch which is pretty lax, I’ve even managed to blag lunch at the Val D’Isere club med but that did take balls and I was very nervous about it.

thehustler
    Free Member

So lets get this straight a load of the ‘holier than thou’ members of STW are saying its OK to Steal from hotels…….some people really do have no morals

martinhutch

If it’s a posh hotel, they may have morels, though.

br
    Free Member

So,anyone been brave enough to do it?

What, take a bike that wasn’t mine? 🙄

Possibly known as STEALING!

annebr
    Free Member

I’ve resort squatted a couple of times (wandered off the beach to hang around the pool for a while) but we always bought our own drinks never got free ones.

woody2000

I’ve put my drinks on someone else’s (that I didn’t know) hotel room, does that count? 😳

hofnar
    Free Member

I have gate crashed club med in the pas by swimming around their gate that stretched into the sea. I was six or seven and curious, my dad thought it was really funny and followed soon after.

LHS
    Free Member

Amazing how many people are ok with stealing.

How very bizarre.

jfletch
    Free Member

I’ve put my drinks on someone else’s (that I didn’t know) hotel room, does that count?

Thats worse, thats now stealing from an individual, rather than a faceless corporation who can afford it.

Like wedding crashers. Pricks the lot of them.

theotherjonv

Thats worse, thats now stealing from an individual, rather than a faceless corporation who can afford it.

So stealing from big shops is OK? Just the little local ones we should be worried about. Who do you think picks up the cost, in higher prices so that margins are preserved in the end?

I’m honestly surprised that this is offered as any sort of a defence? There’s no ‘better’ or ‘worse’ it’s all 100% stealing.

brassneck

Every hotel I’ve stayed in has asked for room number & name when I sit down and sorted tea or coffee. Stayed in a lot of hotels too.

I suppose you could take Alan’s Big Plate, fill it from the buffet and leg it out of the room, but the McD’s breakfast is probably better for your dignity. Sort of.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

🙂

“Got your Big Plate Alan?”

DavidB
    Free Member

The England football squad crashed my cousin’s wedding at Burnham Beaches in the 1900’s.

avdave2

I’ve put my drinks on someone else’s (that I didn’t know) hotel room, does that count?

Someone was trying to do that in to me in a hotel in Kirkcudbright once. He had a revolver in his hand and was a short ginger scotsman so I didn’t argue with at the time.

I stay in hotels all the time and most of the time you need to give a room number, rarely the name as well. Some now though issue breakfast vouchers when you check in.

lunge

Breakfast can be a challenge as room number and name (and sometimes a glance at the key card) are required. Corporate do’s are a lot easier as, assuming you’re dressed the part and will talk to people, no-one will bat and eyelid.

theotherjonv

The England football squad crashed my cousin’s wedding at Burnham Beaches in the 1900’s

Damn them. I expect they purloined the horse drawn carriages afterwards before setting off down ye old lappe dancing establishment once the reception was over.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok solon as you leave a tip, the “walkouts” most often come out the staff tips jar. Not good. 😕

lemonysam
    Free Member

I did it once in Italy when I walked into the wrong hotel. Two identical hotels, next door to one another- I got halfway through my buffet breakfast before realising and beating a retreat.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

I don’t think that anyone really looks at it that much, as to see the stealing aspect. Just ooh, free breakfast! Or food. xD

thehustler
    Free Member

No I seeit as stealing in the same way the ‘pikeys’ com into our shop to steal sunglasses, stealing is stealing

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yeah, I only steal really expensive bikes, cos obviously they’re insured and the owners can afford them anyway………

tinybits
    Free Member

I’m afraid it’s not stealing, but I’ve swam to shore to a 5* resort in Antigua, ordered a drink at the bar and offered to pay. The response was “well, as the only person who’s said please and thank you all day, you can drink for free!” Myself and my wife were damn near unable to get back to the yacht after an afternoon of that!

Edit, here:

I’ve also (I have no idea why, I blame the rum) stolen most of the bottles of spirit from behind the bar at a hotel I’ve stayed in. I woke up to see them arranged on the phone table im my room the next morning, with my wife giving me such a bollocking. Sneaking them all back over breakfast was he hard bit!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Gate crashing hotels.’ is closed to new replies.