Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gassed
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Our house is an odd setup, I’m told it is called a Bali arrangement, a downstairs living area, an external staircase, with bedrooms upstairs facing out onto a courtyard. There are no internal stairs, and nothing linking upstairs to downstairs other than the stairs.

Sitting in the bedroom, enjoying a bit of Frankie Boyle, the distinctive smell of chlorine wafts into the room. It is one of my favourite smells, and for a few minutes, I wondered why this pong was coming into the room.

It must be something to do with Mrs Q downstairs.

Venturing down, there is a definite pong of chlorine, and MrsQ is in her cleaning gear.

Did you just mix two cleaning things? A positive response was given! Can you show me – FFS you mixed the concentrated bleach, and the acidic bog cleaner – the ones with the two great big do not mix labels on them.

Checking the bathroom to see how strong it is, full on eyewatering, catching the back of your throat, burning your eyes strong, now wonder it managed to get out the window and upstairs to the bedroom.

Thankfully it is a wet room, so was easy enough to wash down the plug hole with a liberal dose of baking soda on the floor.

Second time she has tried to poison me, last time was when she used half a dozen whole nutmegs in a stew, and I didn’t know what they were until I had scoffed two of them.

jambourgie
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I heard there’s some jobs coming up at Porton Down. 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Did you survive?

Moses

Essel, Porton still has the written records of the experiments they did in WW1, live testing of chorine & other gases on soldiers. They don’t do that these days.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Common suicide method in Japan, though they use a different combination to generate hydrogen sulphide I think.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

They don’t do that these days.

They don’t need to with Quirrels Mrs around!

cranberry
    Free Member

Second time she has tried to poison me

I am guessing your life insurance is up to date and a healthy amount?

What have you done to upset the future former Mrs Quirrel ?

CountZero

What have you done to upset the future former Mrs Quirrel ?

Probably wants to let the kids go to the skate park half a mile away…
    😉

oldnpastit

What does a whole nutmeg taste like after it’s been stewed?

finishthat
    Free Member

Good thread to remind anybody who uses an electric welder :
    Never use brake cleaner or any solvent to “just clean it up” before welding.
    A likely thing to do when welding oily alloy to repair engine parts.

UV from arc + brake cleaner = phosgene/chlorine = potentially dead.

bruneep

been a while since since I’ve been at a chemical suicide. normally there is “test run” prior to doing it for real next time.

What bikes do you have?

Xylene
    Free Member

What does a whole nutmeg taste like after it’s been stewed?

Not like a dry nutmeg, I suspect that the myristicin was damaged and not effective anymore. I ate one, and thought that was interesting wonder what that was, ate another, and thought, that didn’t taste so good what on earth is it, and on finding out, I just accepted I was probably going to shit myself, and feel like crap for a few days.

Neither of which happened.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gassed’ is closed to new replies.