Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • gas/electricity bills
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Just got our quarterly statement through for the gas and electricity – Gas for the last quarter £308.41 (9521kWh used), electricity £305.03 (2276 kWh used).

Now this seems very excessive to me. 3 of us live in a 4 bed detached house, heating off during the day, don’t used a tumble dryer. I know it’s been a cold winter but **** me that seems a lot of use.

robbo1234biking

Are they estimated reading or actual readings? When I moved out last month we gave actual reading and ended up paying £500 on the gas for about 4 months so over the winter it could be possible

Gary_M
    Free Member

It is actual readings, the guy was round the other night. Gas is okay I suppose but the lecy just seems way too much, I think we must have sprung a leak.

Frankers
    Free Member

Our gas used to be around £125 per month and elec £100, so yours seems about right.

Switched to EDF from NPower so they hopefully should come down

project
    Free Member

check the gas meter is working on the correct calibration setting, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog, then loo for a link for gas meters.

GrahamS

I think we must have sprung a leak.

If you have any sockets that don’t have plugs in them then make sure you switch them off at the wall otherwise the electricity will be slowly leaking out onto your floorboards.

It does no harm but is very wasteful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘gas/electricity bills’ is closed to new replies.