Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Gas Monkey/Fast&loud on discovery. What have I been missing.
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Anyone else think Aaron Kauffman has the best on earth, getting paid by Richard Rawlings to create magic on some epic cars?
    I am hooked. Even the Mrs enjoys the programmes.
    How do I wish they could gas monkey my current transport complete with dings and rusty panels. Big engine, big brakes, suspension and wacky interior by the women who is the voice in Dude wheres my car, “an den?”

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Shonkiest mechanics ever. Entertaining though.

parkesie
    Free Member

Fat and furious is another. Lifting transmissions in and out by hand standing next to the transmission jack:)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Shonkiest mechanics ever

What, you never seen American Chopper?

Lifer
    Free Member

torsoinalake – Member
    Shonkiest mechanics ever.

Merak

It was good at the start. Its all gone a bit ‘American Chopper’ now.

Car S.O.S. is better if you can tolerate the tool who presents it.

PiknMix
    Free Member

When they started doing best of shows in front of a cinema screen I stopped watching.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm, Christie……….. 😛

Duffer
    Free Member

It’s one of the only fly-on-the-wall type reality TV shows that i’ll watch (still can’t stand the format, though). Minimal ‘whooping and hollering’ and some genuinely interesting projects.

Have a look at ‘Roadkill‘ on YouTube, if you haven’t already. It’s basically two blokes dicking around in old motors, and it’s got very little of that faked drama you get on the TV. Really enjoyable.

seadog101

The only one of its type I can watch.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

‘Project Binky’ on YouTube is pretty good too. Some talented mechanics on show, and entertaining to boot.

Start here:

Project Binky – Episode 1 – Austin Mini GT-Four …: http://youtu.be/7hCPODjJO7s

Duffer
    Free Member

Start here: Project Binky

Awesome, thanks for that. I’ll have a good look once der kinder are in bed.

mattbee

F&L is one of the few my wife will watch, I thinks it’s good but as is always the way with those sort of Americam fly on the wall style things it’s got a bit bloated.

The main reason I like Car SOS is that it’s got Fuzz Townsend in it. I love PWEI, who he was a member of, I love classic cars and I used to live in Aldridge, where Fuzz’s garage is.

DT78
    Free Member

One of my favourite shows.

I can’t stand that whingy whiny london bloke from chop shop and whatever the new show he is in. I tried persisting with watching with it muted, but i could still see his fat little face going red.

Gas Monkeys is much better, quite like chasing classics as well, very different style though.

Lifer
    Free Member

Early ones are great before Richard Rawlings started whooping as punctuation.

I like the mechanic on Wheeler Dealers too, but Mike Brewer is a complete tuesday.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Love F&L, one of my favourites.

Was gutted when they potted Tom he was a legend, some of the stuff he came out with was priceless.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

That street racer drag thing starts again this Weds on discovery.

A bit put on re the police etc but you can see the racing really matters to them.

Duffer
    Free Member

Project Binky is brilliant! I’ve just sat through the whole thing from start to current; there’s some unbelievable fabrication on show there! Also, most of the script seems to have been fabricated by splicing together sections of Monty Python and Blackadder…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Fast and Loud was great, loves the cars ( got an unhealthy obsession with American cars) and the mechanics were great. Richard Rawlings is a bit of a twunt sometimes but who cares, it’s about the cars

Shame Tom had to go though, he was the best guy in it, it would appear it was because he had an argument with a big wig on the show because a disabled kid asked to have his picture taken with a car or something, the head guy said no and Tom stood up for the kid

willard

Ok, who suggested “Bad Obsession Motorsport” to watch?

Started Watching Project Binky last night for just one episode and finished at half midnight after watching them all. I am now tired and can’t wait for the next episode.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Sorry.

Good though isn’t it? Their Facebook page reckons the next one will be out in August.

It beats cutting two coils out the springs, a paintjob and some stickers, “Whoo. Gas Monkey got PAID!!”.

jakevrs
    Free Member

all other car shows < Mighty Car Mods

http://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods

Thank me later.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Gas Monkey/Fast&loud on discovery. What have I been missing.’ is closed to new replies.