Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gas Usage!
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Just been looking at my online account to see why i haven’t recieved a bill a month ago. Anyhow, some plank has been out and entered the wrong meter reading. I’ve since entered the correct one.

But consuption levels over the last while now read(I’ve shown a few previous ones for comparision): (kWh)

54643.0(my updated reading, still clearly wrong.)
    1084726.0(officical reading from them, took it round the clock)

You think they will sort it at there end or should I expect a bill for about 27 million quid? 😀

You think I should phone or just leave it and see what happens?

johnners
    Free Member

Don’t just leave it, you should ask a barely intelligible question of a bunch of disinterested strangers.

Oh.

(You could have phoned them in the time it took to type your post).

Edukator
    Free Member

Are the previous readings estimates? They look like seasonally adjusted estimates. Some people get a shock when having paid estimates for a few years then meter is finally read. Have you got a reconrd of the meter readings in m3?

totalshell

we have a 4 bed detached , 2 adults two kids, a gas hob and a system boiler and use circa 14k kwh a year.
    i am tight.. we havent had the heating on since the end of april, and it wont be on till oct at the earlist hot water is on for 30 mins a day (58 C).

if your managing them online why not enter your own figs every month then your bills will be accurate and you can see where you can use gas better?

seosamh77
    Free Member

The readings previous to the last 2 are all accurate(2542 and the 1084726 are a readings from their guy) the rest are all readings from me, i always stick the readings in every now and then so i know i’m upto date with it..

Just wondering should I phone them, surely something like this must get flagged up at their end? Think I’ll phone!

The actual meter readings go:

seosamh77
    Free Member

If your managing them online why not enter your own figs every month then your bills will be accurate and you can see where you can use gas better?

I do, it’s just a clear mistake on their part.

Edukator
    Free Member

Did they reimbourse you when it went from 13158 from 8384? EDF credited me with a substantial sum when they made a similar error which obviously disappeared when I rang them with the correct reading.

14k kWh of gas! When the planet is thoroughly greenhoused we’ll know where to point the finger then.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nah I just pay quarterly no DD, but they haven’t sent a bill out last month(was wondering why not). Makes me think i’ll probably just get a double bill in a month or 2 with the correct amount? As surely they must be looking at it and thinking something isn’t right?

Ps aye sorry just started growing a few herbs in my back room! apologies, didn’t think i’d cause a global energy shortage!! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gas Usage!’ is closed to new replies.