Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gas bottle bbq anyone done one?
  • trout
    Free Member

Despite the fact that we have a cracking gas BBQ that we do all the big roasts in , Mrs Trout wants a small charcoal one for the nice warm evenings sat in the setting sun .

now due to the fact I am skint I want to make one out of an old gas bottle . sorry no pics yet but I cut off the top today with the trusty angry grinder, after removing the valve and filling it with water for a while.
    then lighting a fire in it to burn off the paint and nasty smell inside.

that is as far as I have got so far and am now looking for great ideas if there are any out there.

white101

Congratulations on still being alive. We had a guy at work 2 years ago did the same with an “empty” hydrogen cylinder, now has a even smaller cock and badly burnt ball bag 8O.
    You may as well weld some legs on it now.

smudge
    Free Member

Please dont say it will be light up as well 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

Piece of pee. done several. Safe way is to lie empty cylinder on floor. Leave the tap open and cyclinder upside down for a few days if you are paranoid. Point valve away from you if still worried and hit hard with sledge hammer. Fill with water if still worried. Use old car wheel, I use and landrover one but mini good for smaller project. LR wheels fit to the cylinder rim perfectly. Weld it on with a small plate to partially fill the hole. this version leave the whole thing at juts the right height to work on whilst sitting in chairs and can be piled with wood to add to the ambiance once the cooking is done and the serious drinking starts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gas bottle bbq anyone done one?’ is closed to new replies.