Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • gas bills
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I need to get this off my chest.

Just got a gas bill for £800 for 4 and a bit months. after i said an earlier bill was wrong and had us on the wrong tariff

They tell me that i have a prepayment meter and i ring them to say it is not, i ask them to set up a direct debit and they don’t, then they tell me my meter doesn’t exist, now the amount they are saying i have used doesn’t tally with the earlier bill the amounts the unit charges, everything. I don’t have £800, the bill is wrong but where the hell do you begin to get them to get this right!!!!!!!

Just noticed one thing, the meter says m3 so i assume it is not an imperial meter, the bill has a calculation saying x2.83 because it is an imperial meter?

racefaceec90

citizens advice beaurau.explain your situation to them,they will help you out (know all about law,how gas companies e.t.c try to shaft people like you and i,by trying it on!)take all relevant docs e.t.c with you.

project
    Free Member

Meter reading is subcontracted out to a bloke in an anorak, and he gets a wage plus 50 per meter read, some are ok but some are a bit thick and enter the wrong units, wether metric or imperial, take a picture of your meter with the reading with that days newspaper below for the date reference, then email it to the gas company.

Hohum
    Free Member

That must be very frustrating.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Go to the CAB.

wrightyson
    Free Member

A few years back we had a rather large bill appear, probably up 30% for the quarter, I told them we hadnt changed anything etc etc. They blamed the recent cold winter blah blah, I refused to pay and told them the Meter was faulty! They changed it, I fitted a better thermostat and got a refund. Moral being, don’t just give in!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘gas bills’ is closed to new replies.