Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Gary Speed – RIP
  • lister

I’m more upset about this than I would have imagined.
    What a terrible way to go.
    Can’t imagine how dark a mind must be to do that when you have a wife and kids and all the respect you could possibly want…poor bloke (and family)
    RIP

Oxboy
    Free Member

Really terrible news, how will his poor kids get over this.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

found out after a ride this afternoon stunned 🙁

millcar
    Free Member

Sad. A great talent and a properly nice bloke.

Thinking of his family at this most difficult time.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

He was a very genuine guy. I was walking my punctured bike home a few months ago. A runner stopped and offered to assist me fixing it, or did I want a drink as it was his field I was walking through. It’s ok I said I only live a few houses down, I shook his hand and he introduced himself as Gary. I saw him a few times since and he always waved or said hello. I’m not a football fan and didn’t realise who he was till I saw his photo on the news last night and it showed his home. Really sad news, he always seemed so happy and was a proper nice bloke from the kind gesture he made.

bellerophon
    Free Member

it’s effing unbelievable and upsetting, on saturday I was watching a footie program which he was on, then that on sunday.

I really feel for his family, but if I’m honest more so for his mind.

allthepies
    Free Member

That’s a nice story catflees! The BBC News website is asking for comments “Did you ever meet Gary Speed? Send us your memories using the form below.”

You should add your encounter in there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15916756

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blinkin ek.

Not a footy fan at all (not that that makes any diffo in this) It was the fact that he’s got a familiy, all the respect of his peers and masses of friends and that he is only 42.

Both MrsBouy and I looked at each other simultaneously when we were in the car and heard this come on the radio.

Yeek.

trailmonkey

i thought the spontaneous applause at the swansea v villa game yesterday was very touching and very fitting

project
    Free Member

Very sadly its now being reported elsewhere that certain papers where lining up an exclusive on him, and he possibly couldnt cope with the news.

Lets hope that those responsible will be heavily fined or closed down and suffer a serious boycott of their titles.

Its just so sad his family have to read the same reports/rumours and will forever have to live with the consequences of what was ongoing.

spacemonkey

Very sadly its now being reported elsewhere that certain papers where lining up an exclusive on him, and he possibly couldnt cope with the news.

That was the rumour on Twitter etc yesterday. Others thought it might be speculation, so for now, let’s leave that part alone.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Gary Speed – RIP’ is closed to new replies.