Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Gary Neville wants to build Teletubbyland
  • billybob
    Free Member
    MrSparkle

Aye, and the **** wants to build it on Green belt land too. Council palms greased? Surely not…

wors

i can see his fookin monstrosity of a house from nr where i live. He is the end of the bell!

geoffj

Where abouts in Bradshaw? Off Bradshaw road presumably?

To be fair if its an eco house, its gotta better than some of the other mock tudor footballers houses.

Still, it's a far cry from the semi Nat Lofthouse used to live in on Darwen Rd.

wors

its up tottington rd on the left.

Stoner
    Free Member

TBH Ive had similar ideas for a submerged house design floating around my head for a while. The idea being that if you get the aspect right the house is relatively invisible to everyone else – it also should have good thermal properties too.

He's still a Wendy-baller though, so burn him! 🙂

sturmey
    Free Member

Geoffj My Mum remembers "uncle nac" used to live round the corner. Still got family in Bradshaw Neville used to call into a pub my cousin used to work in tight fecker by all accounts.

aP
    Free Member

It is by Make though. If you want earth-sheltered housing look at the mad nutters building earth-ships in the states.
    Does look remarkably similar to a Ushida-Shindlay project from about 5 years ago.

Stoner
    Free Member

my plan involves a "W" shaped layout set back into a hill with pitched windows like an air traffic control tower to reduce glare, reflection and hence visibility from those outside:

lowey

tight fecker by all accounts

And an ignorant bastard to work for too.

Thats my ancestral farm land is that.

aP
    Free Member

Actually if you want to reduce visibility into your building from outside you'd be better off angling them upwards as then they'll reflect the sky. HTH

Stoner
    Free Member

the idea is to not reflect the sky at other people, hence the downward dip. It also reduces glare (hence the use in ATC towers). Its not people looking in, its people seeing the building.

nedrapier
    aP
    Free Member

ARC towers have downward sloping windows partly for glare but also because there's a specific legal requirement for all plane movements to be visually sighted.
    If you want minimum visual disturbance then overhang the roof and you'll both reduce insolation and visual intrusion.
    If you want we could have a conversation about this elsewhere.

boxelder

he first zero carbon house in North West England, if permission is granted.

and he regularly cycles to work. What's so bad?

Is it 'cos he plays for Utd that you hate him??

wors

Is it 'cos he plays for Utd that you hate him??

no its cos he is a cock

Saccades
    Free Member

Englands best right back for a generation. Haters gonna hate.

Blackhound

Many folk on here would like to have a zero emission house, I certainly would, but unable to afford it. He has the cash due to his talent in kicking a ball around a field so good luck to him.

A nice project to wotk on as he nears retirement.

Gary_M
    Free Member

no its cos he is a cock

Have you formed this opinion after meeting him?

terrahawk
    Free Member

It's a lot better looking than his current house that looks like a 'offices to rent' business park box.

Drac

I don't get it?

Some guy wants to build a house and make it environmentally friendly but we have to not like the idea as he plays football?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I get it, it's called jealousy.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Gary Neville wants to build Teletubbyland’ is closed to new replies.