Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • Gary lineker vs the sun
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

throbberdom

Even the urban dictionary won’t tell me what that means. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Not the best day for The Sun, Fake Sheikh doing a stretch…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37727631

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It’s the place where #Jambafacts are created..

theotherjonv

BBC Sports presenter getting involved in politics.Human being getting involved in acting like a human being

FTFY

He’s not employed by the BBC, he’s a freelancer. The BBC can decide not to use him but they have no right of censure on a personal account (even if they wanted to)

I’ll see your cheese and onion and raise you a bag of S&V in my underpants.

ulysse
    Free Member

Jambalaya = AWESOME!!!!

binners

Get with the programme you lot. This is where its at with the Walkers at the moment…..

Kryton57

the Late Terry Wogan, David Attenborough or David Jason – they think it’s all over, it is now.

They’ve all gone? Good grief, next you’ll be telling me Van Morrison has died.

binners

You may want to sit down. Its about Joe Cocker….

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Also utterly baffled by this. Saw something saying he was “defending” comments he’s made and wondered how much of a clanger he’d dropped. Then had to read the article twice to make sure I hadn’t missed something. Totally absurd.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who is Gary Lineker?

Northwind

Have to admit I’m quite enjoying the “kids who look like adults” side-project. We’d not have let 15-year-old The Rock into the country, that’s for damn sure.

This whole “story” is sick tbh, the lineker thing is just a bit of side-poison, don’t get distracted

binners
    captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The boy Line Acre done good.

CheesybeanZ

didn’t you get the memo? biscuits out/anything you can put jam on in.

I’ve got some jammy dodgers , are they in or out ???

tpbiker
    Free Member

As above, saw the headline and thought he’d said something offensive..

Then I saw the tweet…can’t quite work out what hes done wrong?

I’m not convinced that all the ‘kids’ are actually ‘kids’ (and I don’t think its should matter either given what they’ve been through) but thats not really the point.

This country has gone to the dogs..

gonzy
    Free Member

I’ve got some jammy dodgers , are they in or out ???

i vote IN 😉

ollybus
    Free Member

Nice bloke says something nice

unklehomered
    Free Member

This country has gone to the dogs..

I wish, dogs are smashing…

Its more gone to the parasitic flesh weevils.

Northwind

He’s just virtue signalling.

(this is my favourite thing on the internet- it’s completely infallible, literally everyone who has ever criticised someone for “virtue signalling” is a bona fide shitehawk.)

sbob
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

BBC Sports presenter getting involved in politics.

Hang on a minute, you’re not a serving politician are you?

REJOICE! REJOICE!

JAMBA WILL NO LONGER BE SPOUTING POLITICAL BOLLOCKS!!! 😀

The street parties shall commence forthwith!

Huzzah! 😀

gobuchul
    Free Member

Didn’t Lineker get a right kicking on here just a few weeks ago?

Definitely not for being a left wing handwringer but I can’t remember what for?

Can anyone remember the thread?

Drac

Definitely not for being a left wing handwringer but I can’t remember what for?

For wearing shorts

MrWoppit
    Free Member

gobuchul
    Free Member

For wearing shorts

BAASTADD! BURN HIM!

jamj1974

I think you mean freelance broadcaster. I also think you mean being involved in human crisis not politics. Just because politicians and governments are involved it does not make it exclusively political.

metalheart
    Free Member

@woppit: Joes lookin good (for a dead un)

Ro5ey
    Free Member

We just need to boycott his other ventures too if you can give up / find alternatives to his TV and broadband services

This

Which is a pain in the bum when you want to support Geraint Thomas 😡

chakaping
    Free Member

And it’s actually quite heartening to see that only a few nutjobs seem to be in agreement with The Sun here.

🙂

enfht
    Free Member

‘nutjob’ is too near the mark, if this thread wasn’t online there’d be at least 10 of you engaged in group masturbation by this point. Best slow things down boys otherwise you won’t last 5 pages 😆

bigrich

if you can’t identify the dichotomy of this front page, then ask someone you trust if you’re a racist.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I don’t care how old those two are, we should let them in.

binners

Got to say that Linekar is playing a blinder on this whole thing, and running rings around that vile Murdoch rag. He tweeted yesterday that he’d follow the Suns lead, and apologise in 25 years.

I’ sure theyve realised by now that they picked a fight with the wrong person this time

mikey74
    Free Member

Linker has always struck as one of the minority of footballers who has a few brain cells, and seems a decent bloke. I can’t help thinking the BBC are secretly laughing away behind the scenes.

It’s about time someone stood up to the Sun,amd other such rags. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be anyone who can dish out any form of sanction.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Of all the players in this sorry saga, that MP David Davies (the Vegemite and teeth enthusiast, not the Brexit one) really is a rancid excuse for a human being.

jimw
    Free Member

The Daily Heil has had a pop at GL.
    So on the balance of probability must be right.
    Even the Torygraph has a columnist supporting his right to say it

welshfarmer

He is my MP who I have met several times. He is a bit of a worm to be fair. A staunch Brexit supporter despite his constituency voting overwhelmingly to Remain. He also has a Hungarian wife. The fact that Hungary is moving very rapidly to the extreme right probably has nothing to do with his opinions either.

footflaps

Even the Torygraph has a columnist supporting his right to say it

I’m sure they’ll be sacked and it will return to it’s normal diet of right wing racist diatribe….

dannyh
    Free Member

I reckon the Sun will do a full demolition job on him, various mutterings abound that he was/is a bit of a shagger and they’ll probably go for that next.

It’s what they do. They are hateful and they revel in unlocking the worst parts of narrow minded bigots’ tendencies. A lot of ‘ordinary folk’ read the Sun because it is easy. It doesn’t challenge them to think about their views, it provides an affirmative comfort blanket of hateful prejudice.

Sadly, Brexit and the Sun are symptoms of the same national malaise.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

It amazes me that people who’ve never given a second thought to the BBC’s guidelines on conflicts of interest suddenly become bar-stool experts when someone tweets something nice about refugees.

This doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a bit of half-remembered, half-invented pub-bore “wisdom” that has passed into the minds of simpletons as if it’s an actual thing.

You could try reading the BBC’s guidelines on conflicts of interest and make a judgement for yourself. I just have done, so I’ll save you the trouble and assure you that Gary Lineker has not breached any BBC guidelines. Not even close.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

You say it like it’s a bad thing. 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Gary lineker vs the sun’ is closed to new replies.