Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Gary hartstein – f1 troll
  • Pook

After his ongoing Schumacher pronouncements he’s now started stirring it with Alonso.

Does he just make it up and hope his targets will chuck him some beans?

pondo

No, he speaks absolute logic with authority.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Linkywinks?

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m torn on him – On the one hand he’s clearly qualified to comment and in this instance something about the FA crash doesn’t seem to add up when compared to other accidents in F1.

On the other hand, I do wonder if he’s enjoying the limelight rather too much and this is his motivation.

Ref link – he’s recently posted on twitter that something about the FA situation seems odd and doesn’t add up medically.

pondo

Interestingly, I heard about it on a BBC page, but that now seems to have been amended –

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31627040

It referenced comments he made on Twitter casting suspicions that not everything was being released about Alonso’s condition, as three days in hospital for simple concussion, something like that. But there doesn’t seem to be anything about it on his Twitter feed now.

nemesis
    Free Member

Given that the FIA paid a visit to his hospital and asked for him to be fired after his comments on the Bianchi report (which they refused given that he hadn’t done anything contrary to his employment at the hospital), I expect that the lawyers have been on to him…

pondo

… the FIA paid a visit to his hospital and asked for him to be fired …

Stay classy, FIA.

hora
    Free Member

TBH hes only giving a personal opinion and he doesn’t have any axes to grind (that I know of in the press) with Alonso. If anything his blog makes McLaren look bad. If Alonso isn’t at testing tomorrow- well. I really hope he is. He should be ok with his concussion by then and any F1 driver would be raring to get back in the car at this crucial stage.

What the FIA did was disgusting.

hora
    Free Member

Put it this way- when alonso is sat in his car tomorrow Gary will look abit of a cassandra/tit.

I really hope this happens and not what is being eluded to.

nemesis
    Free Member

He’s not going to be testing – McL have already released a statement a couple of hours ago saying that. That’s kind of the point that this just seems unusual and when someone medically qualified agrees with that point it suggests there is something else – I’ve heard Richard Burns mentioned and while it’s unlikely IMO, it does at least offer a credible explanation in the absence of more fact.

Hopefully it’s just a crash that had one of those one in a million outcomes that is worse than expected (eg a bad concussion caused by just the right but unlikely set of circumstances)

pondo

Wow – now that’s scary, let’s hope not. 🙁

hora
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

Just had a look and his tweets are still there.

pondo

Oh, my bad – I’d got tweets mentioning @former_fidoc, rather than his actual feed. More haste less speed, and all that… 😳

mrhoppy

I’ve heard Richard Burns mentioned

It does ring a lot of bells.

nemesis
    Free Member

I reckon it’s unlikely as I said above but it’s hardly surprising that people speculate given that no one has addressed the strangeness of the accident.

nemesis
    Free Member

More fuel to the fire…
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/02/fernando-alonso-leaves-hospital-stopped-from-testing-f1-world-wonders-what-really-happened/

If even the people in F1 think there’s more to this than is being said then that could well be the case…

thepurist

I started out thinking hartstein was ok, but he became increasingly redolent of the daily express in his writing. I was only thinking this morning that it was about time he started pronouncing doom and gloom for Alonso.

My pet theory is that all of the post crash tests have possibly uncovered a previously undiagnosed health issue and they’re checking him out. Probably unrelated to the crash and possibly something that none of the interested parties really want to share.

nemesis
    Free Member

That’s my take too – or at least I think it’s a realistic possibility – personal medical issues that you’re not certain of are hardly the sort of thing you want going out in a press release while you’re still in hospital.

retro83
    Free Member

If even the people in F1 think there’s more to this than is being said then that could well be the case…

Or maybe they’ve gotten a bit hotter on head injuries after the Bianchi crash. F1 loves a good rumour though! 🙂

Somers had some quite itneresting coverage on the crash here:
    http://somersf1.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/alonsos-accident-in-testing-at-barcelona.html

nemesis
    Free Member

Yeah I wondered that but they don’t actually seem to have said that. Hoepfully as I said, it’s just rumours and was a statistically unlucky crash that turned out worse than it usually would.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think this was an unlucky incident with Alonso suffering a more severe concussion.

It looks like almost none of the car structure deformed that much at all which is a very bad thing. The side impact structure was intact, McLaren have a very different rear suspension layout to other teams and I actually wonder if the way it is laid out would be more resistive an impact causing a higher G load.

cyclistm
    Free Member

hartstein comes across as a right prat. He is in a privileged position, and is presumably well respected through his experience, but seems to be spinning very limited information, probably limited for the right reasons, into something it might or not be, He did the same with Schumacher.

Regardless, I wonder if it’s all gamesmanship on behalf of McLaren, wrong footing the opposition, the alternative is a worrying thought otherwise

hora
    Free Member

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117820

Hmmmmm

Alonso knows if he was seen trying to correct the steering.

Two possibilities- one may rubbish ‘wind’

It could be a short relationship depending how McLaren handle this.

cyclistm
    Free Member

If, and it’s a big if, Alonso was unconscious before the crash. Would the impact, in terms of the concussion, potentially be greater?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Gary hartstein – f1 troll’ is closed to new replies.