Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gary Fisher help please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Thinking about this for a new xc build.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150906529391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone had any expereince of them? Bit concerned by the “I have never seen a Gary fisher frame in this colour or style”

Any info gratefully recieved 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

In the last 24 hours I have learned that Gary Fisher is a nice bloke but his frames snap and he doesn’t return emails. HTH

yunki
    Free Member

don’t ask Phil fergawdsake.. he’ll not understand

wwaswas

getting on a bit but bikeradar liked it;

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-gary-fisher-bikes-big-sur-9282

it’s got the stickers on so not had a respray – they did start using that Orange on GF frames for a while – my Ferrous was the same colour.

teadrinker
    Free Member

In the last 24 hours I have learned that Gary Fisher is a nice bloke but his frames snap and he doesn’t return emails. HTH

😆

Just came across that post.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Looks a similar design as my rig that snapped yesterday. Make sure you check the seat/top tube weld thoroughly!

trekcol
    Free Member

Vintage was 2005/2006. That frame has been resprayed though, but looks like a professional job. Make sure it was not powder coated, as the heat needed may have weakened the carbon bonding areas where the stays plug into the alloy

GF is indeed a nice chap……;)

wwaswas

I stand corrected!

putting the frame number sticker back on was thorough!

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

I have a 2002 Gary Fisher Big Sur, owned it from new and it is still going strong, no problems with the frame at all . . .

Obviously a few components have been replaced, and the fork serviced, but it has been and still is a great xc hardtail. I use it as a winter bike now, fitted with mud tyres.

bigsur_disc by manoirdelourde, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gary Fisher help please.’ is closed to new replies.