Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gary Fisher help
  • anagallis_arvensis

A mate has a broken frame which is supposed to have a lifetime warrenty but the shop are not playing ball. Anyone know who he could contact about it?

singlespeedstu

Any Fisher dealer should be able to sort it.

Mrs wok had one replaced a couple of months ago.

No problems at all.

anagallis_arvensis

Problem is he has lost reciept and the shop are saying they have no record of purchase.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JohnClimber
    Free Member

Twitter him directly at http://twitter.com/Gary_Fisher

ScottTB

If it's a lifetime warrenty and it's got Gary Fisher emblazoned on the thing what's a receipt needed for? Sounds like someone's trying to get out of doing some paperwork…

The only thing you might want to bear in mind is "acceptable use" clauses – i.e. if he was doing a 6' drop-off on an XC frame they can get out of the claim as it was being used outside of it's original purpose.

anagallis_arvensis

If it's a lifetime warrenty and it's got Gary Fisher emblazoned on the thing what's a receipt needed for?

That was my thinking, not sure if thats the legality though. Cant comment on how its broken or what he was doing.

jimw
    Free Member

I believe that the lifetime warranty is for the original owner- not transferable- hence the need for a recipt. Having used Trek's warranty (same company as GF)three times for the same frame I can say that they were very helpful but they did require a copy of the recipt EACH time the LBS claimed on my behalf.

Did you pay by credit/debit card? if so you could use that as proof of purchase?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gary Fisher help’ is closed to new replies.