Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • gary fisher classifieds,why no interest?…
  • mmb
    Free Member

in the classifieds i have for sale my bike, advertised more times than i can remember but still no interest, it's a good bike so why won't it sell? have a read tell me what u think please!.

jam-bo

if it wont sell then its too expensive. fact.

mmb
    Free Member

perhaps i should state open to offers then?

theboatman
    Free Member

The 'new price' seems very similar to the older prices, and before you asked ONO.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Firstly IMO the price is too high, it may well be in excellent condition with decent parts, but have a look around the net and see what else one could buy with £800 and work from that.

Also it's the wrong time of year to be selling a bike, I'd hazard a guess that only a small percentage of STW users will have £800 going spare in their back pockets this close to christmas.

Put it back on the classifieds in the new year, or if you fancy being ripped off put it on eBay.

mmb
    Free Member

ok then, but i don,t want to give it away tho, classifieds rules state no re-ad for 24hrs tho, will try again soon,thanks guys.

theboatman
    Free Member

Has it got the G2 geometry thingy with offset forks?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

it does look ridiculously overpriced.

mmb
    Free Member

don't know about the g2 thingy or offset forks, got the bike in may 2008 my first full suss, gone back to hardtail(sc chameleon 2009).

IA

It's an unpopular bike, and overpriced.

mmb
    Free Member

why is it unpopular? it rides well and is robust, i had a lot of fun on it!.

roblerner
    Free Member

I think you'd be looking at more like £500-600 for that, sorry.

Somebody always has money for a bargain, this isn't one.

thv3
    Free Member

Overpriced. Better deals available for £800.

Also the wrong time of year to be selling.

mmb
    Free Member

an honest opinion is always welcome with me,so thanks everyone for your time,not really sure what to do now tho,may keep it for a spare but need the money more than the bike! will think on it.

nickc

TBH Gary Fisher bikes don't have that "name" that will sell a bike. It's got pretty low end stuff on it.

ok then, but i don,t want to give it away tho

It's ultimately not really up to you though, it's worth what some-one will pay for it. have you tried ebay?

oldgit
    Free Member

Fishers are a bugger to sell anyway IME

mmb
    Free Member

i have an ebay account but can't seem to get past the choose a category stage(every time i choose a category the damn thing comes back and tells me to choose a category before it will let me continue!) so have been unable to use facility, tbh i'm not really that good with computers tho!.

ahwiles
    Free Member

er, imho, etc…

it's fitted with mostly basic kit; tora 302 forks, deore this, travitiv that, juicy 3 brakes and bontrager finishing kit (inhouse, own-brand), there's nothing wrong with basic, i like basic, but for £800?

i'm sure it's a great bike, that rides well, but you can get a new bike with similar kit, and a proper 4-bar design for not much more money…

i'm not going to tell you that you're dreaming, but you're pitching it at a competitive price level.

good luck.

mmb
    Free Member

clearly the price is the biggest part of the problem so will address that one if i decide to continue.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The problem with it,its a Gary Fisher never been very popular in this country full stop.So alot of shops end up discounting them in late summer.The bikes ride great tested a Possum a few years ago on a test day while helping out at Cheltenham Cycles it was great bit heavy.Most of the expensive GF they ever stocked they had to discount them to sell.They dont bother getting them anymore.
    Also the worry about buying a second-hand full-suss is if you need to replace the shock.Yours looks in excellent condition save it for the summer in less you want to give it away.Buyers market worse luck.

IA

I didn't mean it was a bad bike, I just meant exactly what I said – it's not a popular model. Popular bikes will always be easier to sell on.

Why are you selling? If you can't sell at a price you want, why not swap the bits to another frame you like and keep it?

Or strip and sell the bits – more effort, but they should sell – though some parts not for much.

grantway
    Free Member

Break down the bike and flog the parts

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, you'll get more money if you split it and sell as parts. Takes effort and good advertising but I reckon on 10-15% extra that way 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘gary fisher classifieds,why no interest?…’ is closed to new replies.