Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin – Which one do I want?
  • scunny
    Free Member

I cant work out which one I want/need. I’m after a unit that will show me current speed, average, time, distance elevation and more importantly one that I can load a gpx file onto that I can follow whilst riding. So should I be looking at a 200? 500? 810?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

510 but you only get a breadcrumb trail rather than a map.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Follow?
    510 or 810, the 510 gives you a line to follow the 810 does maps and turn by turn directions on the road.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d go for the 810.

The resolution is not brilliant but the little map can come in handy, especially off road.

I’ve downloaded the free (and legal) open source mapping and it’s been perfectly adequate for road and MTB so far.

Daffy

If you’re spending on the 810, i’d be the 1000.

hilldodger
    Free Member

If you don’t need the heart/cadence data then go for the edge tour, comes with decent mapping onboard and has some interesting ‘find me a ride’ features. Can be had for about £150, or the touring plus which can link to heartrate monitor (but not cadence) for about £200.

rob2
    Free Member

Touring and then load osm maps on it.

You can load courses onto a 200 and get turn by turn directions ( although feature not shown in the manual) but you don’t get a map background

monkeyboyjc

Touring plus over the standard touring, better than the standard one as it has better elevation data (internal altimeter rather than reliant on the map data) and it is only a few quid more.

Then os maps can be got for £20 or so if you want that level of info.

I’ve a standard touring and it also does every thing you want. But I kinda wish I’d gone with the plus now that it can easily be bought for less than £200.

clubby

Evans were doing 810 with maps for £300 last week when I bought one, not sure if they still are.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin – Which one do I want?’ is closed to new replies.