Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • garmin virb…anyone got one?
  • v12jat
    Free Member

any good? can you connect ant+ heart rate monitor to the standard virb? does the standard use gps?

cheers

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yes I do, yes they are but no you can’t and no it doesn’t.

You can record the data onto something else such as an Edge and then time sync the video and data in Garmin Edit to get the overlays working, it’s a fairly easy process.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I believe the standard Virb is being discontinued so there may be some bargains about.
    If you only want it to record bike stuff and you already have a bike GPS (Garmin Edge etc.) the Virb should be enough.
    If you want to record other stuff, motorbike, car, skiing etc the Virb Elite is a better bet.
    I picked up a second Virb Elite for £137 on Amazon over xmas.

HansRey

i’ve got a virb elite. There’s less choice with mounts compared to go pro. But, the big bonus is that you can record gps, etc.I bought the bike bar mount (for my bike), a helmet mount (snowboard) and a couple of those stick-on mounts (quadbike, snowmobile).

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve used one, because of its shape there’s no chest mount option and the shoulder mount won’t work with a pack plus shows the side of your head, which means you’re slightly limited if you want to mount it on your body. What is nice about it is the single button switch on/off action.

riddoch

Got one, battery life is pretty good, had a fee niggles where it would lock up and not record or switch off but I think the latest firmware has sorted that.
    It comes with an adapter to let you use any go pro mount it’s shape lets you use.

HansRey

update: mine has gone haywire. Updating the firmware didn’t solve it and there has been a RAM failure. Seems to be a fairly common problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘garmin virb…anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.