Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garmin Vector & GSC-10
  • Haze

Just doing a little research on powermeters, does anyone here have the Vector pedals?

Assume these have integrated cadence so no longer need the magnet on the pedal arm which leaves only speed for the GSC-10 to pick up.

This correct?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m not sure which signal would take priority (cadence from GSC10 or cadence from Vector) the Garmin Vector forum may be a better place to ask.
    https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?424-Vector

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just found this over there from one of the Garmin Moderators.

The Edge will use the cadence data from Vector over that provided by a cadence sensor.

You could also take the opportunity to change to one of the new magnetless speed sensors.

Garmin Speed Sensor

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Haze

Cool, I’d probably just leave the magnet off anyway so the GSC10 wouldn’t pick up any data.

Then maybe change to a magnetless speed sensor for neatness.

Now, full Vector or Vector S, decisions decisions…

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve been watching the Vectors for ages, if only the price would drop a bit closer to £1000. 😳

mrblobby
    Free Member

Went for the Vector S here, it’s only for the winter bike and I’ve a Powertap on the turbo and a P2M on the TT bike, so wasn’t too worried about it being left only. Very happy with it so far, been hassle free. Also can upgrade with a second pedal if I feel the need later.

Running with the GSC10 at the moment but meaning to switch to the speed only.

Haze

Cheers both, full version would be nice but I’d probably go with single side only.

It’d be easier to justify initially and the financial controller wouldn’t have the quite the look of horror she’s just given me when I casually mentioned it!

If it turns out to be a revelation (pretty interested in this stuff so quite likely) then the right sided upgrade should be justifiable, if only to myself…

e2a: mrblobby, where did you pick yours up from and did it come bundled with the wrench?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I got mine from wiggle. With a platinum discount it wasn’t too bad! Could have got it cheaper from some of the euro sites though.

I did have to get a crow foot wrench, got the one recommended by dcrainmaker. Used my old torque wrench initially but it was a bit vague tightening in the wrong direction (LHS pedal thread) so I got the Park beam torque wrench just to be on the safe side.

I may well have brought a Stages had my crank been compatible and the reports not been so mixed.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I think the crow foot wrench is now supplied in the latest models.

Haze

Yeah I get the Wiggle discount to, comes out around £650 but will need to budget for a torque wrench too. No big deal as I’ve been meaning to get one for a while.

Will take a look at Stages though was favouring the swapability of the Vectors. I’ll probably switch from winter/turbo bike to the best bike for summer, they both have different cranksets and not sure I’ll get anything crank based that will swap over.

Niiii looks good but my Rotor isn’t on the compatibility list…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got my Vector a couple of weeks ago and it didn’t come with a crow foot.

Dibbs
    Free Member
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Is the latest version, still no crow foot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Vector & GSC-10’ is closed to new replies.