Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Garmin- pressed stop instead of lap
  • crosshair
    Free Member

Pootled to the Segment I was sniping, pressed what I thought was lap and ATTACKED!!! 5 miles later, I realised I had pressed STOP by accident so hastily pressed start and finished the remaining 10 miles.
    Is there a way of retrieving that lost data? Has it been saved in the background anywhere??
    I’m only simple country folk but I whacked the GPX into a viewing program and managed to work out the time difference between when I stopped and started but not sure if I can make it valid for the segment somehow???

njee20
    Free Member

Nope. Gone.

crosshair
    Free Member

Grrrr. Have to go again next week 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

We dont believe you. You can’t ride half a route and pretend you did it all.

legend
    Free Member

Karma for going out just to hit one segment

njee20
    Free Member

I feel your pain, went KoM bombing on the way home last night, finished a segment, definitely KoM, faffed at the end of the segment – picked up by the Garmin so I missed it. Had to go tonight and get it properly!

simondbarnes

People really do this sort of thing? How lame.

njee20
    Free Member

Meh, interval session with more satisfaction!

crosshair
    Free Member

It’s a harmless bit of fun between members of a local group ride Simondbarnes. Posting irrelevant tosh on someone else’s thread is far more lame if you ask me.
    Strava is a phenomenon that makes training interactive and fun so you sir can jog on 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

We dont believe you. You can’t ride half a route and

You can work it out from the rest of the ride if you like 😉 😀

Besides, I’ll be quicker next week 😉

Metasequoia

I’m on it but could we just turn it off please – it would be better for us all.

njee20
    Free Member

Would it? Why? Does my route home from work affect you?

theotherjonv

Yes, if you ride it faster than me. It makes me feel inadequate 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If you already had your Garmin going, why did you press anything? Am I missing something by just stating it when I get on the bike and off when I get off?

onehundredthidiot

If you hit lap at start you can chase the time. Given its a 15 mile segment it’s hardly cutting corners and bullying 5 year olds off the line.

I set my baseline time for some winter routes then use my Garmins race yourself function. Keeps it interesting.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ah, I am a little more casual, often finding my “bottom of pack respectability” time afterwards on short segments I didn’t even know existed 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

… might make some of the climbs on my commute less dull if I time them as I climb them… Lap you say? Mental note made…

weeksy

Tracker, he’s a bit nuts about timing and wanted to know his time to turn around point. Basically the segment goes out from village down the road then straight back. So he wanted the half way split for comparison next time

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Garmin- pressed stop instead of lap’ is closed to new replies.