Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin – possible actual time at a point in a ride
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it possible to find the actual time you were at a point on a ride.

In reference to this thread it would be really useful if I could give the police the exact time I was at the scene.

Does ‘Timing’ include stopped time, if that’s the case I can just add to the ride start time.

jam-bo

download the GPX or TCX file. its just comma separated time/position/speed data.

njee20
    Free Member

Certainly can if you open the GPX/TCX file and look at the text.

Edit: too slow.

andytherocketeer

grab the GPX file either directly from the device or after uploading to Endomondo/Strava/etc.
    believe it contains actual time in UTC in the file

edit: also a bit slow, but the Endomondo/Strava thing lets you visualise as well as see a load of numbers. to be really sure, delete loads of data points before/after the bit you think is “interesting”, and re-upload that just to prove where you were in a short time period.

dunmail
    Free Member

If you use Strava then dragging the mouse along the profile of the route shows the offset time you were at that location – there’s a dot that moves along the map at the same time.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Excellent, got it using strava. Passed on to the police so hopefully this will help with viewing any cctv.

tried downloading to gpx/tcx but not sure how to open the file.

Thanks.

theflatboy
    Free Member

For future reference, open with Windows Notepad. You can also use this to combine two files if your GPS has gone wrong mid-ride or you do a multiday ride and want a big long map…

timba
    Free Member

I find that Microsoft XML Notepad is a bit easier than plain Notepad, and it’s free

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin – possible actual time at a point in a ride’ is closed to new replies.