Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin Out of Warranty repairs – anyone done it/cost?
  • Alex

My four year old Edge 205 won't hold a charge now. I know Garmin can fix it/send me back a refurb'd one but not sure what the cost is? Has anyone done it?

If it's more than about £50, I think I'll invest in a 305 and let the eBay wolves have this one Spares or Repair.

Pete
    Free Member

Sent back an old Etrex legend, it was seconhand when I bought it, screen had died, they replaced screen and the rubber surround also the toggle switch all FOC.. I would say there service is excellent..

GrahamA
    Free Member

It cost £66 to have my 305 replaced after it went through the washing machine. Garmin sent me a refurbished unit within a week.

You can phone them – there support is very good.

Alternately as the unit appears to be glued together you could try putting it somewhere warm to see if the glue melts and then replacing the battery yourself before resealing with a heated glue gun.

The battery is attached to the based and the pcb is on the top.

Sheriff_Fatman

I've found them excellent too. I dropped my Etrex Legend and knackered the screen. Returned it to them (it was well out of warranty as well) and although they couldn't fix it, they sold me a brand new one for half price.

wheelz
    Free Member

I recently sent back an Edge 705 with a smashed screen. Cost was £90 (standard out of warranty repair charge) for a replacement unit, which I had back within a week.

Excellent service…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One of the buttons on my 305 stopped working – Every time I touched it, it just turned off. I got a 'reconditioned'(It looks new) one FOC.

Garmin servive is the best in the business, which is why we just bought a Garmin car sat-nav 🙂

daveagiles
    Free Member

I have been quoted about £40 to replace the screen in mine, havnt got round to sending it off yet though…

Alex

Thanks all. £50 fixed charge for a recon'd one. Send this was off today. Garmin were very helpful on the phone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Out of Warranty repairs – anyone done it/cost?’ is closed to new replies.