Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Garmin "newly overhauled"
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Dilemma: Garmin FR210 for £138.99 that has apparently been “newly overhauled” by Garmin and features a full 12 month warranty – OR – a brand new one for £175.

The question is: Is it worth going for the cheaper option? Any experiences of Garmin overhauled products?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. Recon Garmin stuff is basically indistinguishable from new IME.

jota180
    Free Member

Is that with a HRM?

the 210 is widely available new for less than £120 without HRM

Jamie
    Free Member

Worth a look?

£115 without HRM.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-210.html

…or £146 inc del (using code 15OFF) from CRC, for one with HRM*

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69609

*Might be worth double checking with CRC. Does say so in the description.

boblo
    Free Member

Stop looking at stuff Jamie, you’ll be spending your money on your imminent appointment at the Marriot 🙂 BTW, where did you get pinged?

Jamie
    Free Member

Oundle Rd Just after the Botolph Arms. There was a van there. I saw it, everyone did, so traffic flow had slowed. How I was speeding…well. I really have no idea.

boblo
    Free Member

My wife was ‘done’ by the camera at Longueville school recently despite driving past it twice a day for the last 15 years!

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Jamie. I notice Handtec do it with the HRM for £138. I assume this is for a new unit, as it doesn’t say it’s overhauled.

mikey74
    Free Member

Can you upgrade to the HRM at a later date or do you have to buy the HRM version from the off?

jota180
    Free Member

Can you upgrade to the HRM at a later date

Yes, it just auto-detects the HRM strap and does it’s stuff
    You may need to toggle it on in the menu

colournoise

OT, but cool to see some more STWers from ‘boro on here. They have started to load the Orton Longueville (now Nene Park Academy BTW) camera a little more often recently. As I work there I often see them loading it when I get to school at around 7.30. That camera van is quite regularly parked in the bus stop just up from the Botolph too.

boblo
    Free Member

There are a few refugees on here…

I assume you work at the school rather than being a pupil (arrival time)? Is Eric Winston the head still? He was my PE teacher round ’85 before he went all managerial.

imnotverygood

Decathlon seem to be selling the FR210 with HRM new for £130

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/forerunner-210-hrm-men-id_8181281.html

Northwind

Quite often recon/overhaul kit is absolutely as new- it can be stuff that’s had packaging damaged, or DSR returns, stuff like that.

eruptron
    Free Member

I had several 210’s last year and it was a reasonable size great to wear as just a watch and did everything I wanted for running. Downside was the screen kept fogging up inside. Was replaced with a new one which also kept fogging up. Sent away for reconditioning and came back worse than before.
    I eventually ended upgrading to the 610 at my expense with all the postage with the other watches probably paid well over the odds:-( I know its a bit more expensive but the 610 I find really good and worth the extra penny’s and have never had any fogging problems.
    I would avoid the 210 unless you know this fogging issue has been sorted
    I would recommend this lot their customer service was top and sorted out all my problems.
    http://www.bhipltd.co.uk/heartratemonitor/garmin-gps-heart-rate-monitors?p=4
    Garmin should take a customer service lesson from them!

Kuco

Have been looking around the net at the 210 and the fogging issue crops often 🙁

How much size difference is their in the 610 compared to the 210?

colournoise

@ boblo – Eric was never our head at OLS/NPA. He is still head at our neighbour school, Ormiston Bushfield Academy. Don’t know him that well but did teach his daughter GCSE art a few years ago.

boblo
    Free Member

Sorry everyone…

@Colournoise. Aaah, OK. There was talk of combining OL & Bushfield a couple of years ago and I thought he was in line for the chief barsteward role. Obviously dint come off. I have the distinction of being an inmate in both the aforementioned in my yoof…

mikey74
    Free Member

I have seen the references to the fogging issues, but the 610 isn’t just “a bit” more expensive, it’s around £150 more, more than I want to spend.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Garmin "newly overhauled"’ is closed to new replies.