Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin mount O'ring – size?
  • dawson

Hi, Does anybody know the size of the large O’rings that come in a standard Garmin bar mount?

I’m trying to mount it to MTB stem, and they have snapped as they are over stretching.

Looking to get some slightly bigger off ebay.

Failing that, can you thread cable tie through underside of the mount, or does it interfere with the quarter turn fastening? (haven’t got it to hand to try it).

thanks.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They seem to be around 47mm OD, but Garmin state “use EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) replacement bands only.
    You’d feel pretty stupid if you saved a few pennies on the o-rings and lost your Garmin due to poor quality in the process.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Just get an out front mount and run it upside down so it sits over the stem

kilo

Dibbs – Member

They seem to be around 47mm OD, but Garmin state “use EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) replacement bands only.
    You’d feel pretty stupid if you saved a few pennies on the o-rings and lost your Garmin due to poor quality in the process.

I bought some ebay o roings for this pupose and they are not as thick as the garmin bands and they do occasionaly snap, for this reason I use two or three per side. I believe you can use cable ties as well but I’ve never tried this

carlos
    Free Member

Dawson – you have mail if your still after some bands

Cheers

dawson

@Carlos – YGM
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin mount O'ring – size?’ is closed to new replies.