Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin Map unlocking – Help please
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Has anyone else recently unlocked a map from Garmin? Trying to get a Topo working on a new Edge 605, cannot get my pc to connect to the GPS properly via the Unlock Wizard.

When I hit "Find Device" it tells me "Some devices were found however none have the necessary capabilities….etc etc".

Thanks

Drac

Do you have any external hard drives installed?

mcboo
    Free Member

no dont think so, bog standard laptop. Have a 1 gig MicroSD card in the GPS. Tried it without, same result

Drac

Sometimes they get confused when you've had other devices plugged in that act has an external HD.

Make sure you have all the right drivers updated.

mcboo
    Free Member

Though I knew how to do that but dont…….got as far as Control Panel. Sorry I'm no good at this.

Dasha
    Free Member

I had all sorts of problems; the serial number in the edge didn't match that recorded by garmin, it thus wouldn't sync. I had to send it to them and they sent me a new one in the end as they couldn't alter the two numbers. The Garmin helpline people are friendly and helpfull though.

mcboo
    Free Member

Am updating the drivers now, seems I had half a dozen to do. Lets see if that works.

mcboo
    Free Member

Got there in the end. Were some USB drivers from Garmin that had to be installed.

Have to say (and yes I'm not that technical) Garmin its really no fun stumbling around in the dark trying to get this thing up and running. Whats wrong with an idiots guide rather than let me bump from one part of your website to the next? Not user friendly at all.

Drac

Yeah always worth checking for drivers for such things. I have no idea I just plugged my Garmin in fumbled around a bit and it works great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Map unlocking – Help please’ is closed to new replies.