Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin live track.
  • joat

Has anyone else updated the app and lost the Live Track option?
    The cynic in me thinks they’re colluding with Strava so people have to go premium to use Beacon.

leffeboy

If you mean in Garmin connect then I’m using 4.1.6 on Android and it’s still there. I’ve never used it though as when I initially tried it didn’t seem to update very often and was too flaky for my family to keep an eye on where I was. I just used Glympse which was Rock solid and fast

Might take a look again though

jam-bo

4.1.1.2 on iOS and its still there.

joat

Yes, it’s 4.1.6 on android, but there is no option anywhere. Seems it might just be me, I’ve reinstalled and set up again to no avail.

leffeboy

For me instead on the main drop down list in the orange section just below connections and groups if you can see those

joat

That’s where it used to be, but now just goes into the grey icons. I might try reinstalling, again.

leffeboy

Have you managed to pair it with a device since reinstalling? I tried switching off bluetooth to see if that made it disappear but it was still there. I wonder if it first needs to be paired with a device that supports LiveTrack and then once paired it would stay there

joat

Thanks for your help leffeboy, but everything is connected and otherwise working, I might have to contact Garmin (lord help me). Meanwhile I’ve downloaded Glympse, which has been approved by SWMBO.

stoddys
    Free Member

leffeboy

, I might have to contact Garmin (lord help me).

even that may not be enough with Garmin

Glympse is great for someone keeping an eye on you as Garmin is just too flakey. I tried LiveTrack again this afternoon and the track would only stay live as long as my watch was recording. It’s useful for some things but not as a backup safety thing

riddoch

Used livetrack this morning with no issues on Android. I’m sure the livetrack menu option is further down than it used to be. The benefit of using livetrack over something on the phone is that you aren’t hammering the phone battery. Glympse is very good though and often use it for shorter journeys. Never had it fail whereas livetrack can be flakey if the edge loses connection or needs to reconnected if they upgrade the app.

leffeboy

Glympse is very light on battery for me, lighter than LiveTrack as I don’t need to leave bluetooth on. Livetrack still uses the phone to communicate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin live track.’ is closed to new replies.