Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Garmin GSC-10 aternative
  • solarider
    Free Member

I am trying to locate a couple of Garmin GSC-10 sensors to buy.

Seems that they were discontinued and replaced a while back.

Garmin now do a set which involves mounting a more bulky inertia unit to your cranks and a separate inertia unit to your front hub, which I don’t like. I much prefer a single chainstay mounted device like the GSC-10 where you can attach a tiny rare earth magnet to the pedal spindle to trigger cadence and use one sensor for both speed and cadence. Much less obtrusive.

Does anybody know of a similar unit to the GSC-10 from any other manufacturer that talks nicely to a Garmin?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Any ant+ sensor would work.

Not as pretty but I use a decathlon one for £16.99 https://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-rate-sensor-cycle-computer-accessory-id_8181211.html

cjr61

I’ve got a couple of GSc-10’s lurking. Drop me an email. Chrisj.Ross@btinternet.com

cp

Stick a wanted ad on here, plenty of people getting rid.

Edit, see /|\

MSP

The new ones may look bulky, but they are far better.

atlaz
    Free Member

+1 – I’d happily swap my remaining GSC10 for the new units. Far easier to get working

Dibbs
    Free Member

Did you even bother to search? they’re showing as available on Amazon and Handtec.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Wahoo do a dual ANT/Bluetooth unit that will interface with iPad etc as well as a garmin. I couldn’t get the new garmin hub mounted speed sensor to work on my turbo,

jam-bo

I couldn’t get the new garmin hub mounted speed sensor to work on my turbo,

did you put in on the front wheel? 😉

solarider
    Free Member

Dibbs – slightly aggressive reponse there! And, yes of course I ‘bothered’ to search before posting the thread. Neither of the sources you mention have them in stock, or am I missing something?

The Wahoo unit is really expensive, the Decathlon unit is out of stock, Bontrager seem to do one but can’t find one in stock.

The search goes on….

Dibbs
    Free Member

Dibbs – slightly aggressive reponse there!

Sorry 😳 I’ve just finished a Night shift and I’m a bit grumpy.

BTW I have a spare one sat on the desk in front of me, and no you can’t have it. 😛

Dibbs
    Free Member

It seems to be available on the Garmin site. GSC 10

paul_m

Pretty certain I have a new and unused one if you want one

CraigW
    Free Member

Also a Giant ANT+ speed/cadence sensor, seems to be in stock here: http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant-ant-and-bluetooth-speed-cadence-sensor.html

Bez

Another new and unused one for sale here 🙂

gren
    Free Member

Missus uses the Wahoo one. BT/Ant+ means it works well with either a phone or an Edge.

I have the new Garmin one with the hub/crank sensors. Easy to get working and better for leaving on if you actually go outdoors but the speed seems a little more jumpy – averages are fine even over short timescales but the graphs are a little less stable.

solarider
    Free Member

Thanks all

Paul – YGM

Bez – drop me a mail to 7solarider7’at’gmail’dot’com if you wouldn’t mind.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Garmin GSC-10 aternative’ is closed to new replies.