Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin found pitch hill Surrey
  • darranps
    Free Member

Just found this, lunch time Sunday 7th.

Let me know if you’ve dropped it with a description

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did they put their name / phone number of the screen (visible when you turn it on) ?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Did they put their name / phone number of the screen (visible when you turn it on) ?

For anyone who hasn’t already done this, just locate the startup.txt file in the Garmin folder and edit to suit.

Here’s mine:-

<!– Edit this file to display a message while your unit is powering on –>
    <!– Allow one full power cycle after editing for your message to be updated –>

<!– Set the display number to the minimum number of seconds your message is displayed –>
    <display = 3>

<!– Type your message on the next line –>
    This Edge 810 belongs to **** ******
    If found please phone ***** ******

darranps
    Free Member

No startup message!

whitestone
    Free Member

Next option is to get the serial number off the device and email it to Garmin asking if it’s been registered and if so to contact the owner and pass on your details so you can return it and claim your free packet of Haribo.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Dibbs – thank you, had Garmins for years and never knew this! Have done my edge and Oregon!
    You’re one of the reasons STW is so good

jambalaya
    Free Member

What and no credit for me – bah humbug 😉

I wonder if the unit is password protected – I doubt it. May have some tracklogs on it which could help if you can connect it to a computer

benjaminmarks
    Free Member

Hi, I lost my Garmin on Pitch Hill today! I went into the shop at Peaselake and the girl working there said a guy came in having found one and that he would post on a forum! I’m so pleased you posted this – thank you so much for picking it up! My number is 07810257878 – if you wouldn’t mind getting in touch, it would be much appreciated!

Many thanks again,

Francie

acidtest
    Free Member

Result!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin found pitch hill Surrey’ is closed to new replies.