Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Garmin forerunner 310xt opinions?
  • piemonster

Anyone got one, any good?

Look a bit clunky on the arm but does everything I’m after!

mogrim

Mate has one for running, seems to do the job (and a lot cheaper than my Suunto, though not as nice…)

piemonster

The buy button is being glared at intensely.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have had one for years. It’s grand. Though, it can be hard to get used to it being so chunky. The garmin mount for handlebars is pretty easy to use too.

zilog6128

I’ve got one and have no complaints so would recommend it, although I haven’t used any other GPS watch to compare it against. It’s chunky but that’s never bothered me whilst in use. The multiple customisable screens are really useful.

piemonster

It does give grid refs doesn’t it.

*goes back to staring at the ‘buy’ button.

zilog6128

It has a map mode in which you can mark a position (in which case it will tell you the lat/long of that position) or you can input a lat/long and it will navigate you to that position. I don’t think it works on OS grid refs nor does it constantly display your position although the only time I’ve ever used map mode is when messing about with it when I first got the watch!

piemonster

It won’t need to display maps, just provide a reference.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/sports/running/forerunner-310xt/prod27335.html

Seems to imply it does?

See Where You Are
    Find, view and go to locations at anytime – British Grid format featured as well as longitude and latitude. It means you won’t get lost and is great for adventure racers.

zilog6128

Awesome! That definitely isn’t in my manual though! The software can be updated via ANT+ so maybe that’s a feature they added after the watch was first released.

cp

they’ve always had it, along with the 305 before. even my donkeys years old origunal etrex has it…

you just need to change the setting which controls which format is displayed.

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve got a Suunto now but had a couple of Forerunners and they are ace. Look big but feels fine on your wrist and you wont know its there.

richardk
    Free Member

The 310 is ace, comes with me everywhere. No problems in 18 months of using it in multiple countries for open water swimming, biking (all sorts), running and skiing.

Mine is paired to speed/cadence sensors on all my bikes, and older style HRM (with fabric strap) and will work with a power meter if I ever get round to buying one…

Probably a bit slow to acquire the network compared to newer devices, but you work round that easily with the usual pre ride/run faffing.

Only thing it misses is pace alarms in the running section – has HR, calorie, etc, but it wouldn’t stop me buying it again. There isn’t enough in the 910 to make me move to that product.

Very good pricing on it now across several sites.

piemonster

Post retail afterglow in progress

superfli
    Free Member

Love my 305, bought it recently off ebay for £75 delivered with hrm. Used for running and cycle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Garmin forerunner 310xt opinions?’ is closed to new replies.