Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin forerunner 305 issues
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Mrs tr just informed me her garmin isnt working .

It was on charge – saying fully charged.

Unplugged – wont turn on and also wont register charging at all now.

Anyone had this before ?

How in hell do you bust these open ….willing to bet its a connection issue.

wwaswas

You need to do a reset. Google it but its pretty straightforward. Had it happen on mine and it was software related- make sure you load the latest firmware after its reset.

timbo678
    Free Member

Not sure if it helps but I sent mine back to Garmin as it was totally knackered, paid the £50 standard charge for a refurb unit and got a 310XT back as they had run out of 305’s – worth a try for £50 if the above doesn’t work

bryan-g-

There will be a corroded contact inside, so it only turns on when on the charger. You need to open it up and do a tiny bit of soldering then silicone it back together. It seems to be a common fault when they get older, I fixed mine with lots of swearing involved. Try all the resets first but this is probably your problem.

rockhopperbike

I have heard that the little holes in the back [where the buzzer noise comes from ] can fill with the residues of sweat [salt] and start corrosion- i try to keep mine clean with a rinse in clean cold water every so often

scratch
    Free Member

Mine did this for the first time earlier today, quick google…

Hold the mode and lap button at the same time for a couple of secs, it’ll come back on and reset itself, kept my history data to.

cchris2lou

happened to mine too and as above followed the instructions on the Garmin website .

took 2 minutes to sort out .

it is important to dry it after use , especially before charging .

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sorted now.

Soft reset didnt reset it – done that before on my edge

Had to do a hard reset. Lost her spin class hr data but no great shakes

Cheers

Moe

Bit off topic but if anyone needs a 305/405 wrist strap PM me. I ordered one in error for a 301.

emac65
    Free Member

Yeah,have to do this to my 305 a couple of times a year,had to do it with the one that this replaced too…
    Can’t beat the Garmin replacement though,my old one was 5 years old battered to hell with a cracked screen.When it finally stopped working,Garmin replaced it within the week with a refurbed one for £50,which looked brand new

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin forerunner 305 issues’ is closed to new replies.