Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Garmin Fenix 5
  • EhWhoMe

Was about to treat myself to one of these but did a quick google and it seems theres lots of bad words about them.

Bad conectivity to phone and poor accuracy…some say due to metal bezel….which i find odd garmin would not realise this.

So are there any users on here who are happy with theirs….

Ta

Kryton57

Was about to treat myself to one of these

For gods sake if you do don’t admit to it. Buying things is frowned upon around these parts… 😉

EhWhoMe

Uh….

julians
    Free Member

Its like most garmin consumer products released in the last few years, they release it with substandard software/firmware which crashes and doesnt work very well, then about 1.5 years after the release date after numerous software updates, the product finally becomes what it was described as, in the meantime any sucker that bought one has had to put up with crashes etc.

Get yourself a fenix 3, its been out for a few years now, theyve sorted out the software on that model,it now works perfectly. But it took them until about 2 years after release to get it working perfectly.

With garmin watches always stay one product behind the current product.

medlow
    Free Member

Fenix 3 was excellent, after they released numerous updates to fix the bugs.
    I recommend either living with any bugs that you unluckily encounter, or wait a year. 😥

LeeW

I’ve had zero issues with mine. Takes a while to sync sometimes but no more than a couple of minutes.

imnotverygood

+1 for the Fenix 3 now working perfectly.

nim

My Garmin 920xt has been flawless.

jrdubya

Which phones are you using? Last time I looked the Fenix series seemed to only like iphones.

mogrim

Which phones are you using? Last time I looked the Fenix series seemed to only like iphones.

My Fenix 3 connects flawlessly to Android. No idea about the 5 though…

bitasuite
    Free Member

No issues with my F5

nim

Iphone

julians
    Free Member

fenix 3 with android – no issues now (firmware v 8.x!)

Dekerf
    Free Member

I have been looking at one of these for a few weeks now, but its trying to find the exact one I want for reasonable money thats the problem

Anyone seen any Fenix 5s Shappires for under £580?

EhWhoMe

Cheers all will look at the f3 in more detail .. but i do like the look and size more of the f5..i have a samsung s5..

ajf
    Free Member

I got one in June. Works really well. Gets a fix fast, is accurate and been flawless.

The uploading sometimes takes a while but I think that is more to do with the phone app as opposed to the watch as if I open the app it syncs straight away. If I just leave it to do its thing it takes a while, unless I am near wi fi (I have the sapphire version) when it is a lot faster.

k-sugden
    Free Member
    oikeith

My Garmin 920xt has been flawless.

Same, had mine for 2 years now, not skipped a beat.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Had a fenix 3 for about 3 years. Never had a problem with connecting or finding a GPS fix (massively quicker than my mate’s 920).

I would get a fenix 5 in a flash if I had the cash spare.

Matt

TheFlyingOx

No idea what the issues are with the Fenix 5. I’ve had mine about 6 months now and it’s been great. No connection problems, everything works as it should, can’t fault it.
    If you’re getting one I’d save the money on the sapphire version and just get the normal one and a £5 4-pack of screen protectors. I’ve just been away for a bit of winter sun and bashed the screen off a rock whilst swimming. Screen protector shattered but the screen underneath was untouched. Not sure how well a sapphire screen would have coped with a similar impact.

roverpig

My wife found the one with the maps (5X ?) too bulky, but loves the 5S. She’s had it for about a year, done various marathons and ultra-marathons, worn it in all weathers (including truly horrible) and used it as a day-to-day watch (that displays text messages etc). No issues at all as far as I’m aware.

willard

It’s about the Tactix Bravo these days…

oikeith

Not sure how well a sapphire screen would have coped with a similar impact.

I have a friend with a sapphire Apple Watch and he will deliberately drag it along rough surfaces to prove how tough it is. Not sure how it would handle an impact but seems tough from what I have seen.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Fenix 5’ is closed to new replies.